It just dawned on me ... ... ...

Dorsetmike

My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day.

He has his food prepared for him. He can eat whenever he wants.

His meals are provided at no cost to him.

He visits the Dr. once a year for his checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise.

For this he pays nothing and nothing is required of him.

He lives in a nice neighbourhood in a house that is much larger than he needs and he is not required to do any upkeep..

If he makes a mess, someone else cleans it up.

He has his choice of luxurious places to sleep.

He receives these accommodations absolutely free.

He is living like a King, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever..

All of his costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day.

I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick ........

OMG! I think my dog is a member of Parliament!
(or Senator etc)

rojo

(Ret)
:lol:

Sounds right.

By extension, perhaps those animals that are not spoiled pets, the ones kept in cages all their lives and that get sent off to the slaughterhouse are us.. :shake: :whistle:

teddy

Duckmeister
Nonsense Mike. Your dog is a good faithfull friend that would never lie or cheat. Adores you and has your best interests at heart. A politician? I don't think so.

teddy

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Well, it makes me think about the family cat - She loafs around, eats, sleeps, gives one a warm lap - but she never makes a mess.............

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Well, it makes me think about the family cat - She loafs around, eats, sleeps, gives one a warm lap - but she never makes a mess.............
CD When we decided to get our first Siamese we approached a reputable breeder for a kitten after a few seconds of congenial chit chat she said "I can tell you have never been owned by a Siamese before" we came away with a brother and sister and over the last 35 years have others so now I know exactly what she meant, btw they were brought up with classical music but if I ever put a jazz cd on they got up and walked out. :tiphat:

teddy

Duckmeister
Siamese cats that don't like jazz? Obviously had a different slant on life

teddy

JHC

OK change of subject, just saw the news on TV that a meteorite has been found that is claimed to have come from Mars??
how do they know this? did someone see it come off. .............. OR ........... was it thrown into space from a collision with a quite biggish sort of meteorite and if so how would they know it was not part of the said Meteorite ?? :crazy::alc:

Corno Dolce

But our kitty comes running everytime we call her - she'll even scream and hiss and arch her back at someone if we say "sic'em".

Corno Dolce

OK change of subject, just saw the news on TV that a meteorite has been found that is claimed to have come from Mars??
how do they know this? did someone see it come off. .............. OR ........... was it thrown into space from a collision with a quite biggish sort of meteorite and if so how would they know it was not part of the said Meteorite ?? :crazy::alc:

Planetary researchers know the chemical composition of the surface deposits found on Mars. It is quite possible that a big meteor punched into Mars and the force of the impact hurled Martian materia into space, some of which then landed on Earth.

JHC

Quite so CD but respectfully does that eliminate the possibility of another source of origin ?

Corno Dolce

There is always the possibility of another origin - That there might be another planetoid with the same chemical signatures as Mars I perceive as a possibility.

JHC

Comrade you show great self control you had the chance to rubbish my post and you resisted a true Gent :tiphat:

Corno Dolce

Comrade you show great self control you had the chance to rubbish my post and you resisted a true Gent :tiphat:

Tbh, why should I have rubbished your post? An intelligent question deserves an intelligent answer, n'est-ce pas?:tiphat:

Corno Dolce

Br. Colin,

Its an honour to be amongst such wonderful members of MIMF. I wish to serve my brothers and sisters and shall always do so until I'm ready to push up Daisies.

JHC

I am with you on that except that I really do not want to service my fellow brothers, sisters yes brothers No

Corno Dolce

Br. Colin,

Please, service means giving a hand to those in need - Like proffering the seat on the Bus to the physically challenged or elderly or aiding a discussion on a wonderful forum like MIMF.

JHC

omg down on the farm it means .............. oh never mind