Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Do you know Thierry Pallesco ?

  1. #1
    Recruit, Pianissimo
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Do you know Thierry Pallesco ?

    Hello everyone,

    Excuse my bad english first ! I don't like very much contemporary music but I'm very fond of Thierry Pallesco's organ music ! Nice to hear ! Do you know this french composer ? His music sounds a little like Dupré's or Duruflé's music. I have listened to his own mp3 recordings (digital organ) in his personal website.

    What do you think about him ?

  2. #2
    Duckmeister teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    8,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello solorgram and welcome to the forum. I am not familiar with Pallesco, but I am sure others here are

    teddy

  3. #3
    Recruit, Pianissimo
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found one "improvisation" of him on Youtube. On the video, we can read that he stopped all concerts 10 years ago. Interseting, as well...

  4. #4
    Captain of Water Music
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    He has uploaded some of his recordings onto YouTube and has a web site:

    http://thierrypallesco.free.fr/english.htm

    Hadn't heard of him before, so thanks Solorgan - and welcome to the forum!

  5. #5
    Recruit, Pianissimo
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikam View Post
    He has uploaded some of his recordings onto YouTube and has a web site:

    http://thierrypallesco.free.fr/english.htm

    Hadn't heard of him before, so thanks Solorgan - and welcome to the forum!
    Yes, and I'm very fond of "his" Buxtehude ! The end of the fugue is very impressive ! Never heared so fast before !

  6. #6
    Apprentice, Piano
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Pallesco

    Quote Originally Posted by solorgan View Post
    Yes, and I'm very fond of "his" Buxtehude ! The end of the fugue is very impressive ! Never heared so fast before !
    Pallesco was in the same organ class at the Paris Conservatoire as Naji Hakim(he got a first organ price with Rolande Falcinelli). He is 57 years old, living in Poitiers (SW of France).
    His very modest character impedes him to be more known although his music proves he deserves a better consideration!

  7. #7
    Recruit, Pianissimo
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry59 View Post
    Pallesco was in the same organ class at the Paris Conservatoire as Naji Hakim(he got a first organ price with Rolande Falcinelli). He is 57 years old, living in Poitiers (SW of France).
    His very modest character impedes him to be more known although his music proves he deserves a better consideration!
    Modest character or not, I think it's not obvious to be appreciated for a composer who writes contemporary music, mainly organ music ! Bach is made for all the ears ! In France, one says: to like is to know (at first!).

  8. #8
    Recruit, Pianissimo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    For a royalty-free stock music library try The Music Bed, Royalty Free Music Library for Media. Where user can buy /Download Quality Stock Music for Films, Websites, Ads, Documentaries, Multimedia and also for Wedding, Photographers, Ministries & Churches and Production Companies. The Music Bed music library has nearly 10,000 tracks of affordable, high-quality royalty-free production music for Films, Websites, Ads, Documentaries, Multimedia and also for Wedding. New music is being added every day. The Music Bed offers four purchase options—Single Use wedding & Portrait, Single Use non-Profit, 1 Year Wedding & Portrait, 1 Year non-Profit.

  9. #9
    Duckmeister teddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    8,955
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip JackMartyn and welcome to the forum

    teddy

  10. #10
    Captain of Water Music
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMartyn View Post
    For a royalty-free stock music library try The Music Bed, Royalty Free Music Library for Media. Where user can buy /Download Quality Stock Music for Films, Websites, Ads, Documentaries, Multimedia and also for Wedding, Photographers, Ministries & Churches and Production Companies. The Music Bed music library has nearly 10,000 tracks of affordable, high-quality royalty-free production music for Films, Websites, Ads, Documentaries, Multimedia and also for Wedding. New music is being added every day. The Music Bed offers four purchase options—Single Use wedding & Portrait, Single Use non-Profit, 1 Year Wedding & Portrait, 1 Year non-Profit.
    Should this post be on this forum?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •