How do you know when you're getting past it?

Dorsetmike

I just tried putting on a pair of glasses before taking the other pair off!

Maybe the title should read "when you've got past it!!!"

Often referred to in our family as "Thumb in bum, mind in neutral"

teddy

Duckmeister
I have tried to find my glasses, when I am wearing them|!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teddy

stu

Teddy, I did that with my sunglasses. It was while walking the dogs through the local forestry and stopping of at a picnic area for a lunch break.
When I finished I couldn't find the damn glasses. I got on my hands and knees under the table and started searching. The dogs joined in!! A passing foreign couple stopped,and they got down on their hands and knees and we all merrily searched away. Then the man, suddenly grinned and finally decided to enquire what it was we were all looking for!! "I have went and lost my bluddy sunglasses!" I answered in broken Scottish but then had to translate into broken English before we then welded all the broken pieces together.
Then, still on their knees, they both pointed at my nose. I gave my nose a swipe but there was not even a insect on it!
Then he laughed and, language still broken, said "You are wearing them!!"
My answer, which began with s***t, couldn't be translated!!:)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
When playing at church for services or choir rehearsal, I always remove my glasses as it's far easier to read music scores without correction and not have to crank my neck backwards to get the music in the bifocal ranges.

Recently, I was getting ready to play the prelude and reached to remove my glasses ... which were already off ... D'oh! What I do lose the most is my mobile phone - I will lay it down somewhere in the house and forget where. Fortunately I can call it from our landline ... unless I have set it on 'stun' mode (vibrate only), then it gets a little trickier to find. :lol:

teddy

Duckmeister
While at work I have taken to hanging my reading glasses around my neck on a cord. I have broken, or lost, so many pairs and this is the only way I can keep track of them. Stu, are you sure you were not just trying to make new friends?

teddy

stu

Teddy, I'ts amazing the friends you meet when scrambling and searching around on your hands and knees. After our under the table discussions we then talked away as if we had known each other for years! Language became no barrier. I meet a few people on my walks but the conversation is just the usual, "Nice day!" "Looks like it might rain!" and that's it.
My advice is if you want to get to know the people around you then dive under a table and look for the specs you are already wearing!:)

Dorsetmike

Saw the doc today for results to the regular blood and other liquid tests, says I'm fine, go to yearly tests instead of 6 monthly. Drop/reduce some of the medication, so I'm down by 4 tablets and 1 inhaler, but he's given me some anti-biotics to keep in the house iin case some bug finds me!

teddy

Duckmeister
Hot water kills most germs Mike so just make sure you boil yourself regularly and you will remain germ free. Don't thank me, I like to help.

teddy

marval

I sometimes think one word and then type/write another. I never used to do this, so I can only assume that my age is catching up with me.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I'll second that one, Margaret.

Too often, whilst doing other things, I'll think of something that I needed to look up on the internet ... then forget what it was a minute later. I now carry a little writing tablet in my pocket so I can jot those things down.

The perplexing thing though is I never experience memory loss when it comes to music - thank goodness.

Kh ♫

teddy

Duckmeister
My favourite is going upstairs for something, getting distracted, and coming back down with something else. Only to have to return upstairs for the original item.

ADVICE
Do not stop halfway up the stairs. You may forget whether you were going up of coming down.

teddy

marval

Yes Krummhorn, I have a little jotter pad with reminders on it. I have to put appointments on the calendar as soon as I get them

Dorsetmike

My favourite is going upstairs for something, getting distracted, and coming back down with something else. Only to have to return upstairs for the original item.

ADVICE
Do not stop halfway up the stairs. You may forget whether you were going up of coming down.

teddy

Teddy, the real b*gger is when you forget you're even on the stairs and fall base over apex to the bottom. (can be terminal)

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Well, one day I exited from my car without having shut down the ignition {it's a push button rather than a key}. If my son hadn't noticed the exhaust fumes emanating from the tailpipe on his way home from work that night, it'd probably still be running! :shake: