Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Great Progressive Rock Bands Needed

  1. #1
    Recruit, Pianissimo
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Great Progressive Rock Bands Needed

    Call Home Entertainment seeks outstanding progessive rock bands. Must have top quality CD ready to present to major and indie labels.

    For more information, contact callhomenow@aol.com

  2. #2
    Seaman, Mezzoforte
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Great Progressive Rock Bands Needed

    Which current bands fit your definition of Progressive Rock?

    Claire Moss

  3. #3
    Apprentice, Piano
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Morrison, IL.
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Great Progressive Rock Bands Needed

    Hello, we just finished recording a 4 song ep. at Pressure Point Studios, in Chicago. i don't know if you would be interested. we just have a rough mix of it. its cd quality. if you are. let me know and i can send it to you. thankyou, Nick.
    www.farfromwords.tk

  4. #4
    Seaman, Mezzoforte Kebu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Great Progressive Rock Bands Needed

    I suppose I am quite late with informing you, but I am member of a Finnish progressive rock band, Prime Mover, that have released their second album a couple of months ago. If you are still searching for new bands, you can listen to our CD from our web page: http://www.skivkraft.com/primemover

  5. #5
    Seaman, Mezzoforte Proto prog arse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Great Progressive Rock Bands Needed

    I'm having trouble here understanding why people would call any modern band prog these days..As far as i'm concerned & many more Prog was falling to pieces around '74 & certainly poped it's cloggs by around '77.

    Proto prog arse...

  6. #6
    Recruit, Pianissimo
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Great Progressive Rock Bands Needed

    check out fortomorrows.co.uk - A fantastic new and live band, with quality song writing, attracting lots of interest in USA and UK

    http://www.fortomorrows.co.uk/ http://www.fortomorrows.co.uk/

  7. #7
    Seaman, Mezzoforte
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestWarrior
    check out fortomorrows.co.uk - A fantastic new and live band, with quality song writing, attracting lots of interest in USA and UK

    http://www.fortomorrows.co.uk/ http://www.fortomorrows.co.uk/
    This sounds like an interesting band! I will definitely check it out!

  8. #8
    Seaman, Mezzoforte
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto prog arse
    I'm having trouble here understanding why people would call any modern band prog these days..As far as i'm concerned & many more Prog was falling to pieces around '74 & certainly poped it's cloggs by around '77.

    Proto prog arse...
    Hi!How are you?

    I had to respond to this post, even though it was posted a while back. Prog music never went away: if you listen to some of the "neo-prog" bands today, you will hear elements of the old 70's prog bands. Spock's Beard is a good example: I hear a lot of Gentle Giant in their music. Many of the modern bands will point out influences from that era. and don't forget that a lot of the old bands(i.e., Hatfield and the North, Proto-Kaw, etc.) have reunited and are performing as we speak.

    As someone once said: progressive rock never died. It just went underground!

  9. #9
    Seaman, Mezzoforte
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kebu
    I suppose I am quite late with informing you, but I am member of a Finnish progressive rock band, Prime Mover, that have released their second album a couple of months ago. If you are still searching for new bands, you can listen to our CD from our web page: http://www.skivkraft.com/primemover
    Hey, Kebu! How are you? Have actually heard music from Prime Mover on Aural Moon. I love it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •