The Very Best of Supertramp..

mcccxxxvii

Does anyone happen to have the back cover to the CD and could post a picture, or a link to a site with it? It'd be great if someone could help me with this.

Vikas

This is one band which has seen many members since its inception in the late sixties. However, they have managed to remain active till date which is quite a rarity considering the breakup of bands after a few albums. This British band has managed to hold out on its own though initially they were thought to resemble the Beatles.

Leigh

Am I the only person not to have knowingly heard any of their works? I always associated Supertramp with the 60's and the music that my Mum and Dad may have listened to.
It really surprises me that they are apparently still going. Perhaps someone could advise me of an album or single to listen to which captures their style?

Trollheart

Two of their very finest would be "Crime of the century" and the more commercial but still brilliant "Breakfast in America". For more recent(ish) material try "Famous last words", the last album to feature founder member and driving force Roger Hodgson. You could also do worse than check out his solo debut album, "In the eye of the storm".
BTW Supertramp are a 70s band; their first self-titled album was released around 1969 or 1970, so they are definitely not a 60s band. They achieved most of their commercial success and worldwide fame in the 80s, after the release of BIA and the hit singles from that album, "Take the long way home", "The logical song" and the title track.
They were never quite the same though after RH left, although the album "Some things never change" is quite good. Nowhere near up to the standard we'd come to expect up to FLW though...
Happy listening!

methodistgirl

I also like supertramp. I can't forget Goodbye Stranger and It's Raining
Again. There is another song that someone new has brought back
Just a Little Bit. When are these guys getting back? I miss that group.
judy tooley

Deeru Piotr

Supertramp is one of my favourite bands (I'm thirty) and I've seen Roger Hodgson live three times (what a singer and writer). Crime of the century and Breakfast in America are great albums, but my favourite one is Even in the quietest moments... and the song Fool's overture is definitely my song, the one that sends chills down my spine everytime I hear it.
And with Crisis? what crisis? you have the four albums indispensable to me from this band, you might add Paris, their live double album.
Please do yourself a favour and listen to that Fools overture, I might do that as well tonight
un saludo