Please help me figure out what this song is

RamboAD6

I've always dug this song, since I was 12 back when Ready to Rumble came out. And no, its not Fanfare for the Common Man, at least not any version I found on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xywwbxqykjQ

It starts at 2:07, although a little subtle. Then it really picks up at 2:38, with I imagine the main melody. Never heard the full song, always wondered what it was and wanted to play video games, drive, lift weights, jog, and get drunk to it. Its quite a majestic melody, very triumphant. Thanks for reading, hopefully someones a bit more knowledgeable about film scores than I.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi RamboAD6,

Welcome to the forum :).

Upon checking IMDB's soundtrack information page, Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man is part of the music used in the film, as well as Lohengrin's Prelude to Act III.

The only other "classical" music used is a composition titled "Sting Theme" written by Jimmy West & Howard Helm, which was produced and conducted by George Clinton, who was the musical director for the film.

The original soundtrack, sans the Copland and Lohengrin pieces, is available on Amazon, according to IMDB sources.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Not every musical piece we hear in movies is recorded, or for that matter, notated. If it wasn't listed in the IMDB list, chances are the piece was never recorded, perhaps due to copyright issues or the matter of having to pay royalties to composers for the use of their music.

About the only thing that can be done now is to write to George Clinton, that movies musical director. He would know for sure if it has indeed been recorded or not.