Gustav Leonhardt passed away at the age of 83

Marc

Sad news for the music world: Gustav Leonhardt is no longer with us. He gave his last concert in Paris, december 12th last year. He died yesterday in Amsterdam, at the age of 83.

May he rest in peace.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Вечная Память.............

A great exegete has been called home to his rest. May his memory be eternal.............

GoneBaroque

[FONT=&quot]After the concert in Paris he announced his retirement due to ill-health, and cancelled all of his 2012 engagements. He will of course live on in his many recordings and in the influence he had on many stellar performars including [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bob van Asperen, Christopher Hogwood, Philippe Herreweghe, Ketil Haugsand, Ton Koopman, Davitt Moroney, Martin Pearlman (Music Director of Boston Baroque), Edward Parmentier, Colin Tilney, Glen Wilson, and Jeannette Sorrell (founder of Apollo's Fire)[/FONT]

wljmrbill

May he R.I.P with all the other devoted musicians who have left us so much to be thankful for in our musical lives.

Counterpoint

I have his wonderful recording of Rameau's "Pygmalion" - unforgettable. He will be missed, but he had a wonderfully rich musical life. Who amongst us can say that?

GoneBaroque

I have him on a recording playing Early Alpine Organs and another of the Musical Offering with Leonhardt playing Harpsichord.