Six Elements (for old Genesis admires)

Prog Head

SIX ELEMENTS are hailed from Atlanta (USA). Their debut 'Primary Elements' is a very accomplished album with old Genesis as the dominant influence, Pink Floyd and Camel like another flavour. It scores great in terms of playing, production and presentation. Lead singer Stanley Whitaker (ex-Happy the Man) has a definite Peter Gabriel timbre to voice. Dave DeMarco (former mate from Oblivion Sun) makes guitar howl in the way we know from Steve Hackett. And keyboard player Michael (Misha) Shengaout is certainly from Tony Banks school, providing plenty of solos as well as sympho prog backdrops. All material has a strong resemblance to the period of 'Nursery Crime'/Foxtrot'/'SEBTP'.
:cool:

http://www.sixelementsmusic.com/

This is an album that can grab you from the first instant to make feel like you're listening to something special, in the best traditions of Golden era. You have the excitement and then the wonder of great discovery. But it's really sad to know that the band comes only with 39 minutes of magic...

Six Elements.jpg

John Watt

Even though I was listening to Genesis when they were coming out,
I'm not sure you can say I'm a real Genesis fan.
When Peter Gabriel left the band, I really thought that was it, his costumes being the act.
I also was totally surprised when Phil Collins began singing to replace him.
I thought Peter was over-dubbing his vocals, not knowing Phil was singing just like him.
And when Phil got going he got motown, a nice musical upgrade, but one I didn't expect.
Even "Mike and the Mechanics" was more electro-pop than the navel gazers Genesis was.

Yeah, if you're going on about Genesis, is it your dream of a memory of that band,
or are you adhering to a real musical tradition, developing more influences,
more than technology?
Sometimes, what comes "carpet crawling" towards you needs to be stomped out.

bockjames

Thanks. listened to the samples from the website and it does sound simlar to Genisus. I will go out and buy it today and give my opinion.