Where to buy orchestral scores

Korg

Hi! I am composing mostly movie inspired music. I would like to study sheet music but I don't know where I can download/buy scores.
Do you know any good sites where I can find orchstral scores from composers like Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard?
Thankyou!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Korg,

One source for the music of Hans Zimmer would be here

Or here Both were found in a simple Google search.

There is a plethora of free Public Domain music/scores on the IMSLP site.

Korg

Hi Korg,

One source for the music of Hans Zimmer would be here

Or here Both were found in a simple Google search.

There is a plethora of free Public Domain music/scores on the IMSLP site.

I already searched in google, you just linked to sheet music for piano, I want orchestral scores...
Also I know about imslp, I use to print classical music from there, but I have not been able to find scores from modern film composers on that site..

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . Also I know about imslp, I use to print classical music from there, but I have not been able to find scores from modern film composers on that site..

You won't find modern composers on the IMSLP site because composers must have died anywhere between 75 and 90 years ago for their music scores to be in public domain.

Chances are that scores for these movies may well not be available for purchase, due mainly to copyright reasons and or "performance rights" established by the composers and/or the composers publisher.

Have you tried direct contact to Zimmer and Howard?

Here's some info on them from the IMDB site:
There might be contact information for them there, or at least a link to their publishers.