• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

YouTube Channel

wljmrbill

Thanks for posting. Sounds like will be an interesting series of videos. Take care and good luck with progress

Last edited:

Nikam

Hi Jonesey, well done for 'the leap'! Haven't had time to listen yet, but noticed the incorrect spelling(s) on YouTube of Toccata :eek: ....... and hope you are happy to have it pointed out!

John Watt

I tend to use a dictionary when I'm posting online.
I feel that my credibility is at stake if I'm spelling it wrong.
But then, what's Proper English for me is different for Brits and Americans.
And that's not even my native language, bay-an-uck let for that.

I have a set of Altec Lansing speakers with powered bass for computer use,
and even turning them up loud, this pipe organ sounds very good.
However, I could put up a photo with some Bach behind it,
when I can't play a pipe organ, uh, at least above water.
But then, I always thought my trumpet sounded better in a waterfall.
That's when my worries seem so very small, 'neath my waterfall.

John Watt

wljmrbill... I see what you're saying about spell checker, but I turn them off.
First, what I see is Americanizing of words, when I like Proper English.
And when I say Americans, that's an extension of British culture, while I'm Gaelic.
It's hard to find something that's just awefull, when you have a diluted language.
I'm actually doing that right now, when there are only sons and daughters of the Gael,
who speak Gaelic. Oh, my yearning heart.

Second, it's hard to be poetic when you're being prompted to change your font,
especially when another countrys' military approved format is changing it for you.

According to this spell check, there are three mistakes, one of them your name.

JONESEY

Thanks for the feedback, and I look forward to uploading more pieces for your comments.

Last edited:

JONESEY

Nikam ... oops - corrected. Thanks for that! Should listen to my wife who tells me I can't multitask :)

Last edited:

John Watt

JONESEY! You're being very gracious here, considering it's also your playing being shown.
Are you more interested in high tech comments, or reviews of your musicianship?

You have to admit, it's either Bach as Bach or it's bad.

JONESEY

I'm after ways to improve constantly.
This forum has a plethora of talented Organists, so if anyone can suggest improvements, I'll take them.

We never stop learning