• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

advice please...

Drinklicafix

Greetings everyone!:tiphat:
I've been away for really really long, more than a year now...need to catch up with all the interesting posts I've missed out on. :crazy:
I need a little advice: I've finally got the opportunity to get myself The Art of Organ Building by Audsley, a book I've always wanted, but I can afford just one volume right now :cry: and only volume II is currently in stock, so if someone could please tell me whether having volume II without volume I is worth it or is it better to have the first without the second. I'm not even sure if I'll have the opportunity to purchase another volume later. I just can't decide which to get. :confused: Thanks in advance...cheers and good wishes to all:cheers:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome back, Drinklicafix :tiphat:

From my viewpoint looking at the Table of Contents of both volumes (viewed on Amazon[dot]com), you won't have the most complete "picture" of the whole process without the benefit of having both volumes.

A quick check at Amazon reveals that both volumes are available and that there are much lower prices if one obtains a used book, or the paperback version instead of the very expensive hardcover edition.

Great to have you back with us again - we missed you being around these parts :)

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I can only echo the statements of my illustrious colleagues - get the paperback edition - Its a Real bargain.

Drinklicafix

Thanks for the warm welcome Krummhorn.
Buying paperbacks at amazon does look like good advice...will check them out, thank you very much guys.
btw Sweet Corn, heehee....I love the nickname
icon10.gif
, your signature is very beautiful and inspiring!
Cheerio :tiphat:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Drinklicafix,

Thank you for your kind word. Yes, the Samuel Adams quote is quite inspirational.

Cheers,

Corno Dolce