Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: New Organ Music

  1. #1
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147

    Cool New Organ Music

    Hi all MIMF's

    I would like to share a new piece I'm composing. This is the first movement of planned 3 movement work.

    Passacaglia

    More music composed by me can be found at my website www.falcon-creations.com

    Please feel free to make some comments.

    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147
    Still no comments?

  3. #3
    Captain of Water Music Ouled Nails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    447
    Hello Falcon:
    I am technologically very challenged by mp3 downloads, etc. Basically, I need to be served on a silver platter, if you know what I mean. I have looked at your website, though, and I would like to know which, among these many pieces, are of your composition. Might it be possible to place your recent passacaglia in that list too?

  4. #4
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147

    Cool

    Ouled Nails, done!

    The Passacaglia is now in the player on my site www.falcon-creations.com

    All music which is on my website are my compositions and arrangements, except of course the famous Air on G-string by Bach however it's me performing the piece.
    Last edited by falcon1; Apr-04-2007 at 03:35.

  5. #5
    Captain of Water Music Ouled Nails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    447
    Hello Falcon:
    First, let me tell you that I am genuinely impressed by the Passacaglia. I am not an organist or a composer but, to this lay person, your piece is really excellent. It has life aplenty; it sounded to me almost as though you were engaged in a conversation with the instrument.

    There is something I do not understand, however, and I am sure it is because of my own ignorance with respect to current trends in organ music composition. Several pieces on your website are based on familiar tunes ("Silent Night," etc.) Shouldn't these pieces be called "Variations on..." rather than personal compositions? I sense that, in many cases, you create original music by way of taking a traditional work and developing your own variations on that work. Is that correct?

  6. #6
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147
    Ouled Nails, thanks for your comments!

    Normally when you take familiar tunes and set them out for (for example) orchestra it's called arrangement. However, when I set tunes by other composers I use normally only the tune - I compose everything around it.
    And of course "Variations on..." are of course also personal composition you know.

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147
    Did this work for you Ouled Nails?

  8. #8
    Apprentice, Piano
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    8
    I couldn't it to work either. Any ideas?

  9. #9
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147
    Hmmm...

    Ok here's what you need:

    1. If you want to listen through the player on my website then you need the flash plugin. Go here to download and install the plugin http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...h&promoid=BIOW
    2. If you want to download it then you can right-click on the link in the first post and choose "Save target as" then you choose the folder for the file and then you find the file and double click on the file to play. You need player which can play mp3, which are most players out there.

    Hope this helps, if not let me know.

  10. #10
    Ensign, Principal Jeffrey Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    74
    C minor is a good key for a passacaglia! It does remind me strongly of the Bach.

    I especially liked the variation at 6:57. Is there a tiny MIDI glitch right at the start of that variation, at the transition to the more active passagework? Otherwise, technically very clean.

    I would be interested in knowing what organ patches you used here!

  11. #11
    Administrator Krummhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    8,002
    Falcon1,

    Passacaglia - absolutely enjoyable piece. Particularly liked the varied dynamic registration changes. Was it my ears, or was it intended that there were little 'hints' of the hymn Abide In Me at about 2:19 & 6:20 ?

    Why I missed this thread before today is I'm now 'ing myself for not responding sooner. Must have been ing or to much and partying
    Kh ~~.
    Administrator


    Amateur musicians practice until they get it right ...
    Pro
    fessional musicians practice until they can't get it wrong ...


  12. #12
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hall View Post
    C minor is a good key for a passacaglia! It does remind me strongly of the Bach.

    I especially liked the variation at 6:57. Is there a tiny MIDI glitch right at the start of that variation, at the transition to the more active passagework? Otherwise, technically very clean.

    I would be interested in knowing what organ patches you used here!
    Hi Jeffrey, and thank you very much for your comments. Yes, indeed c-minor is great key for passacaglia - but d-minor is also fine too

    Hmm... I didn't notice any clitch - maybe something in the streaming?

    I used program called MyOrgan and with these samples. I'm gona get the Hauptwerk program this summer so I hope that I will get even more realistic sound with that.

  13. #13
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Krummhorn View Post
    Falcon1,

    Passacaglia - absolutely enjoyable piece. Particularly liked the varied dynamic registration changes. Was it my ears, or was it intended that there were little 'hints' of the hymn Abide In Me at about 2:19 & 6:20 ?

    Why I missed this thread before today is I'm now 'ing myself for not responding sooner. Must have been ing or to much and partying
    Hi Krummhorn, thank you for your comments!

    You ears get BRAVO! Indeed there are hints of Abide with me at these places you mentioned, and of course planted there on purpose.

    I'm working on the 2nd and 3rd movement which will hopefully be ready within next weeks or so.

  14. #14
    Ensign, Principal Jeffrey Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    Hi Jeffrey, and thank you very much for your comments. Yes, indeed c-minor is great key for passacaglia - but d-minor is also fine too
    That's really interesting. I listened to the Passacagalia again, and even tested it against my software and synths. I certainly don't presume to tell you what key you wrote your own music in , but the MP3, at least, is pitched in c.

    My apologies; I'm not trying to annoy you and I enjoyed your work. It's just that my pitch is usually pretty good and things like this bug me. Regardless of the key, I look forward to movements 2 and 3!

    Congrats on the Web site as well...it looks good! I was not aware of trade bit for marketing music...looks like an interesting service. (Nice setting of Abide With Me on there too!)
    Last edited by Jeffrey Hall; Apr-26-2007 at 07:34.

  15. #15
    Lieutenant Commander, Concertmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hall View Post
    That's really interesting. I listened to the Passacagalia again, and even tested it against my software and synths. I certainly don't presume to tell you what key you wrote your own music in , but the MP3, at least, is pitched in c.

    My apologies; I'm not trying to annoy you and I enjoyed your work. It's just that my pitch is usually pretty good and things like this bug me. Regardless of the key, I look forward to movements 2 and 3!

    Congrats on the Web site as well...it looks good! I was not aware of trade bit for marketing music...looks like an interesting service. (Nice setting of Abide With Me on there too!)
    Ah sorry if my comment about c-minor/d-minor came out wrong. Of course my passcaglia is in c-minor like you said, but what I wanted to say that I also like d-minor key for passacaglias.

    Thank you for your comments on my website! Hehehe... yup, 'Abide with me' is one of my favorite hymn.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Modern popular songs based on classical music.
    By jason in forum Fusion & Crossover Music Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Sep-11-2017, 17:14
  2. Pipe organs in the movies! (updated)
    By Frederik Magle in forum Pipe Organ Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: Dec-14-2014, 00:55
  3. The Wanamaker Legacy, Organ CD Review
    By Frederik Magle in forum Pipe Organ Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan-08-2008, 01:05
  4. Here's a part of my work on organ music
    By Izabella in forum Pipe Organ Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: May-12-2006, 11:02
  5. artificial music intelligence .......
    By hitsware in forum Community Center and Chat Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul-16-2004, 06:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •