Hallow

victem

Banned
hai guys,
i'm tembo from africa zambia & im new to this educative forum.
i would realy like to more from your wonderful Guidance regarding Organ playing. i hav ben playing for quite a while now but still need alot of admired techniques more especialy Swift finguring , improvising, confidence especaily when playing in big services, i tend to shake & Panic when i miss a note or something close.

looks like im here to stay so i will post more later. by the way i'm a church orgarnist though our viscount developed a fault , and now playing a casio keyboard.
thanks.

marval

Hello Victem

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place for guidance about organ playing. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Tembo :wave:

Happy New Year and welcome to the Magle music forum.

I hear ya about getting nervous when a "blooper" occurs at the keyboard during a big service ... but hey, we're only human, too. It's worse for me as my choir director is also an organist as is a choir tenor who sits right next to the organ console, not that I ever make mistakes :scold: ... :lol:. (I do, on occasion ..:nut:)

wljmrbill

Welcome Tempo. Happy to answer any question you may have and If I can't I know someone else will be able to as we have teachers, concert artist, composers and just organist from many areas of the world here.

victem

Banned
thanks guys for your wonderful & uplifting replys. my first concern is about Tutors that can improve my finguring. i'm 31 y's old now ,do i have chance to be Great & be able to play even handel staff. hope i'm not asking beyond. how about improvising? how does one develop this great skill. There is guy who suddenly started sounding quite proffesioanl in his playing especialy the way he plays with bass notes during choir accampaniments. i wonder whether he improvises or uses chord progresions i dont know, anyway guys say something..
thanks

wljmrbill

Number one: You are never to old to learn !!!! . as for fingering. Many pieces have labled accepted fingering for the passage to be played. Some basic rules are: to use thebasic fingering for the scale in which the piece is composed; what fingering lends to the best performance/ phrasing of the passage ( this might need to be practiced with different fingerings to see what works best for you ); practice, practice,practice is the general rule for most all preformance related situations !!!

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Mr Bill - please warn us in advance before you go technicolor, we'll wear sunglasses.

Welcome to the forum victem, you'll find plenty of helpful things here to tickle your organ.