DorsetMike.....

Hawk Henries

I want to offer a public thank you to Mike for sending lot's of information about the music he has recently aquired. It's all baroque music which I am obsessed with~
6 long pm's with notes about the music and composers, a few who are new to me, will undoubtedly add to my appreciation and understanding for the music of this period.

I am soon to be 54 years old~my life has been full and rich and I have been happy being 53 years old~middle age BUT now I feel like a child filled with excitement and anticipation waiting for that fantasy pony or Santa.
This music makes me feel this way-I anxiously await the next new composer/music!!!!
Mike thank you so very much!!!!

Last edited:

Dorsetmike

Only doing part of what forums are about, spreading knowledge and helping others. Especially us old 'uns (nearly 76) helping you youngsters :smirk:

If it helps you to make a decision, either to buy a particular work or not or if to search for more information on the subject then I've helped. I'm retired, nothing much better to do that sit here in front of this screen so why not use the time I have plenty of to occasionally do some good.

foxes_352.gif

Hawk Henries

Ya know Mike small acts of kindness can have a profound and lasting effect. :)

In 2007 while in England I did some work with LMP. To make a very long story tolerable :) the night of our first performance together I was anxious and felt out of place. This was the first time I had played my flutes with another musican or in this case orchestra. After our section of the program was finished the viola player and I had a human to human conversation. We talked only for about 3-4 minutes however it seemed much longer ( in a nice way) it was as if I was being invited "IN"...
Up to that point I had very little interaction with the orchestra except for rehearsal which included no personal conversation.

The violist made an effort to reach out - however insignificant it may have been to her it deeply affected me...

So you see it's her fault I am hooked on this music :)