I Wonder.....

Hawk Henries

Yesterday i visited with a group of third graders at a school about 3 hours from my home. During my ride home I was listening to my latest obsession,
Charles Avisons Violin Concerto's +Concerto Grossi after D. Scarlatti...

It was a beautiful day~sun shine with some snow/rain mix, warm with the smell of bare ground wafting through open car window. Plenty of birds in the sky and on the ground - it felt like and early Spring day.

At one point during the ride I realized that my body was jerking and twitching, no make that seizing wildly, my eyes were wide open in what probably looked like a crazed manner. I had some object in my right hand (left hand was on the wheel) that was flailing about as if being controlled by an outside entity...

Every cell of my body felt like electricity was surging through it!! Senses filled to overload!!!!

It made me wonder: In many movies or even still pictures of conductors/composers they are portrayed in a way that makes them look WILD and CRAZY ~ hair dishevled, eyes bugged out, a look on their face of not being all there....
Either they are just filled, overloaded with joy and passion~or their crazy.

I kind of hope it is the former because if not then I have joined the group of "Crazy" :smirk::crazy:

marval

Hi Hawk

I hope it is the former for your sake. I belive that music can do strange things to a person. I am sure if people saw me sometimes when I am listening to music at home they would send for the men in white coats.

Margaret

wljmrbill

or you are having a sight seizure form caused from the music which is possible: just as a bright light can cause them in some people. MIght better check this episode out.

Dorsetmike

Poor old chap is getting past it, something has baroquen. Once these 3rd graders get to you there's no hope they drive you Scarlatti :cry: :rolleyes:

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief

At one point during the ride I realized that my body was jerking and twitching, no make that seizing wildly, my eyes were wide open in what probably looked like a crazed manner. I had some object in my right hand (left hand was on the wheel) that was flailing about as if being controlled by an outside entity...:smirk:
Jeez man what was in your right hand :eek: