Hiya

marval

Hello Allegro

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. Do tell us which composers you like.

Margaret

allegro

Welcome to the site. I know you will enjoy your time here, Do you play the Violin ( your picture )?

Thank you so much. I am certain my time will be well spent here.:)

My avatar is the great British cellist, Jacqueline du Pre. Her sublime 1965 recording of the gorgeous Cello Concerto by Sir Edward Elgar is one of the greatest peformances ever recorded. Her EMI rendition of the Elgar is still available on CD with the eminent Bristish maestro, Sir John Barbirolli conducting the London Symphony.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Thank you so much. I am certain my time will be well spent here.:)

My avatar is the great British cellist, Jacqueline du Pre. Her sublime 1965 recording of the gorgeous Cello Concerto by Sir Edward Elgar is one of the greatest peformances ever recorded. Her EMI rendition of the Elgar is still available on CD with the eminent Bristish maestro, Sir John Barbirolli conducting the London Symphony.

That is a splendid performance, I have the CD, also d/l ing The art of "Jacqueline du Pre." 6 CDs, can,t wait to burn that to CDs.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi allegro :wave: Welcome aboard to the good ship MIMF.

Looking forward to seeing you about the site.

jhnbrbr

A very warm welcome to the forum, Allegro. Is it safe to assume you're the same gender as your avatar?

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to Magle International Music Forums, Allegro! :tiphat:

I hope you will have a great time here, participating in the classical music forum (and elsewhere as you like)!

best regards,
Frederik