New member/New Orleans

Willem

I'm a new member of this International Forum, but I've been active for many years as a film/music archivist and a composer. As most composers know, writing music is one thing...........getting it played is another. My personal taste is classical music, 20th century eclectic. I studied piano with a pupil of Bartok; composition with a distinguished Mexican composer/organist. I've written a corpus of piano music; organ music; suites for brass quintet; music for wind and string ensembles; a harpsichord concerto and a few pieces for full orchestra. My organ pieces have been performed and also music for string ensembles and solo piano works. Several works have been submitted to international competitions in Europe. I have close friends who are performers and composers. I'd be happy to hear from anyone interested in seeing or hearing some of my music with possibly some interest in performing it.
I'd also be pleased to hear from others who share my general interests or who wish to know more about my activities and compositions and films.
As Rachmaninov said: music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music!

wljmrbill

Welcome Willem: There are a number of concert/church organist here who I am sure might be interested in performing your music. We are always looking for new picses. As you may know Frederk Magle is a compooser/concert organist as well as being a hell of a nice guy..... post a piece or two for us to hear. I am an organist myself.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Willem :wave:

Welcome aboard to Magle International Music Forums.
I too am an organist/recitalist - would like to hear your works.

Until you have achieved 10 posts, your allowable upload space here is limited to 3.0 MB for all files and/or pictures. After 10 posts, your allocation of file space increases to 10 MB.

Have a look around the Pipe Organ, and Electronic/Digital Organ forums .. we have a plethora of postings and a full house of really friendly folk here.

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome to our forum, Willem! :tiphat:

I will be looking forward to hear your works!

Best regards,
Frederik