• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

Aeolian Skinner

tjb

Hello. .i am new to this website. I currently am living in a house built by my uncle. .what sets this house apart is that it has two large pipe organs built into the house .

the smaller one is an aeolian skinner organ. the larger one is VERY big and unique. .

my uncle passed away in 1996, and my aunt and i am currently fixing/restoring the house. My aunt and i were considering selling the aeolian skinner, and had no idea where to start. .so here i am .

any info or direction would be much appreciated. . thank you. .

wljmrbill

welcome TJB .... One can always use Ebay, Amazon,Craigslist as a starting place. If size is suitable for a small church or maybe a home unit as it is.also contact: http:www.cluff.net/used/htm ( they deal in used organs( pipe and electronic, midi unts,). Also maybe put out more specifics ( ranks, pipes, stop list, manuals etc )here as many of us are in contact with others who might be interested .Man !!it must be nice to have 2 pipe organs at home to play..an organist's dream for sure. Good LUck .

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi tjb :)

There may be regional organ builders who may wish to snap up this pipework and chests from you. If you are in the states, you should also check with your local American Guild of Organists chapter as well as ATOS (American Theater Organ Society), who could help find these a good home.

The problem with Craigslist or eBay is that someone (YOU) will have to dismantle and pack up this organ. It's far better to have an experienced pipe organ tech do this task to prevent damage along the way.

Another option is to have these organs looked at by a reputable organ tech in your area, and then use them ... invite others to play them, perhaps, in honor of your uncle, who would probably delight in them being played again. Where I live, there are numerous in-home pipe organs, and those people routinely enjoy others coming to see and play, or give concerts.