Sock aids

Dorsetmike

Something for those of us more mature members that have backs which don't bend in the morning, do you have difficulty putting on socks/stockings/tights?

Found these on Amazon.co.uk , they also have them on Amazon.com, just enter sock aids in the search box or try the same search on Google.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=kitchen&field-keywords=sock+aids&x=0&y=0

Looks like it will beat lying on your back waving feet in the air and trying to lasso them with a sock as they go past :rolleyes: or like I do, sitting on the edge of the bed with me feet on a stool.

marval

They sound like a very good idea Mike, I could be joining you in getting one.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Wonder how they work on compression stockings. I have to wear those on occasion for circulatory problems in one leg.

Dorsetmike

Hi Lars, I just tried a couple of the tubular supports like you can get for ankles, knees elbows etc, it seems as though it would do the job, the plastic that you put the sock on does not compress significantly more that with a normal sock. I had a quick look at amazon.com, most prices look a bit higher than Amazon.co.uk, best I saw was about $7.50 ish, which would equate to what I paid, but there were some for a lot more, ok they had handles on the end of the tape, don't see the need for that as a reason to more than double the price; at maybe 2 minutes use per day (more if you change your socks during the day!) I can hold tape without a handle!:rolleyes: