Postings to Jazz threads

OLDUDE

As a recent recruit I am a little surprised at how few Jazz Forum members seem to get involved in response to many new threads. This is puzzling when the relatively large numbers of viewings are compared

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
For the record, "views" include those done by "spiders" and search bots that continually scour the global internet in search of information.

That said of course, Mike is also spot on here. The activity levels are much much better than they used to be a couple years ago. As our forum grows in numbers, the post counts will increase over time.

OLDUDE

Hi KH,
My inexperience I guess.
Its horrific to think that such lowminds exist, and my aplogies to genuine viewers

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
No problem ...

Btw, those "lowminds" are machines [bots], not real people, thank goodness.

OLDUDE

Yeah Kr,
But who knows the degree of criminal intent that lurks there?

Ignoring my original wish to arouse what I thought was Jazz Forumist lethargy,
perhaps those few of us who seem to exist having a genuine participation wish must become even more active! Or do I bore all of you?
Maybe I dont want to have an honest answer.

teddy

Duckmeister
Maybe some of us new boys (and girls) are worried about showing ourselves up with a lack of knowledge until we realise what a friendly helpfull site this is. Time often leads to confidence.

Teddy

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Have you noticed that of those that are classical lovers first and foremost, the oldies say 60+ will be jazz fans those in the 35-50 group follow Rock while the younger ones follow ................???????????. not sure about 50-60 perhaps a bit of both

hardbop grandpop

i think there are a lot of computer novices out there. they are unsure how to go about posting, i am one but i am getting better at it. gord (the hardbop grandpop)

marval

I do listen to Jazz, but I am a novice. I will have to listen to some more, then I will feel able to join this topic.

Margaret

OLDUDE

Hi you new (like me) jazz forumists Is that a word?),

Something certainly seems to be stirring here, which of course I tried to get going with my first post'

Cheers John

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
btw talking of pot I heard that it is legal in the UK ??

teddy

Duckmeister
Rather than start a new thread, which would not be appropriate for something which is basically a comment, have you thought how you are all helping to keep alive, and introduce new people to music which might otherwise have died away. I personally feel I have learnt a lot in my short time on this forum. Please keep spreading the news and encourageing new members, as you did with me. It is almost a public service you are all performing.

teddy