Introducing Myself

StephenCohn

Hello,
I'm an Emmy winning composer of film and concert music, living in Los Angeles California. I have had performances and recordings by ensembles such as the Arditti Quartet, The Kansas City Symphony, the Midnight Winds and many others and have been Composer in Residence at The International Musical Encounters of Catalonia in the south of France.. I'm currently very excited about my concert music writing with recent and upcoming premieres of two works for piano and one for woodwind quintet.

I also do Sibelius music engraving, orchestrating and tutoring. I have done Sibelius work and tutoring for Lalo Schifrin, Universal Studios, Lee Holdridge, Danny Elfman, Jeff Lorber, Vince Mendoza and many LA composers. I enjoy this work and would be happy to help you with Sibelius.

Please visit my web sites:
www.stephencohn.com
www.myspace.com/stephencohn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Cohn
Feel ree to contact me:
Stephen Cohn
[email protected]

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome to our forum, Stephen.

It's an honor to have a person of your status join our ranks ... We hope you will enjoy your time here.

wljmrbill

I am sure many of the the advanced composers/musicians will much enjoy your imput on the forums. I know I look forward to hearing your views.. WELCOME !!

bluestar

Hello Stephen !

Can you teach or improve my composing. I am very happy because I have a change to meet a great man, a Emmy winning composer. Can we exchange things we compose ? I think I am just a little boy, so I can't make the great things like the predecessor-composers, like Mozart, Beethoven, or Chopin, etc. but it's my dream, I have to reach it.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Greetings Mr. Cohn,

What a privilege it is for this forum to have consummate professional to join us. Please feel absolutely at home here - lots to see and do.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

StephenCohn

Thank you, all for your welcoming words. I look forward to our communication.

Bluestar, if I'll be happy to listen to one of your compositions and see if I can offer any direction.

Best wishes from Los Angeles,
Stephen