Hi all

SOAR21

Hello everyone,

I am 16 years old. I have played the piano since I was four years old, although the immediate assumption regarding this credential far overstates my abilities. I was never really interested in piano until I reached about 13 years old, and then it really hit me how beautiful they were. Belatedly, I began to practice more, although demands from school and other things in life gave me less and less time.
I also took up the violin around this time, and joined a youth orchestra as a viola player, a rather bad one, but one nonetheless. This orchestra, even from way back in last chair, also opened my eyes to orchestral music, and I began listening more and more to classical music. At this point, I can say that I am an avid lover of classical music, although my knowledge of this genre is still very mainstream. I always dream of playing out some of the dramatic piano concertos, although these fantasies are severely limited by my ability, hopefully only a temporary limitation.
For now I must be content with simply listening to my favorite pieces, and that is primarily the reason for joining this forum. As earlier established, I know not much past the more famous classical pieces, and would love to hear whatever music some of the more knowledgeable here can offer.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello SOAR21,

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you join us. Thanx for sharing so much about yourself and your experiences. To be a soloist on any instrument takes much blood, sweat, and tears sometimes but you should never, never, never, ever give up. One of our forum members, ROJO, is a professional piano pedagogue who can give you lots of tips if you are seriously interested - Above all, she is a most wonderful soul and worth more than all the stars in the known Universe.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome :wave: to this forum, SOAR21.

Your abilities as a musician are only limited by how much effort you invest in yourself. I have never regretted the time I spent practicing to achieve my personal goal of being the professional musician I am today. It took lots of hard work as Corno Dolce stated above. You can do it - never give up on yourself - the rewards are well worth your time and efforts.

We hope that you will enjoy your time here with this friendly community.

wljmrbill

SOAR21: Welcome to the forums. I know you will gain much knowledge and insites from the many musicians on this site. I played viola myself in High school orchestra. I am mainly organ and piano fellow now days.. I am afraid the old rule apllies to you ( as well as all of us ) and it is very simple... PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.. that is the only way to advance yourself in the music field regardless of genere. You are young and have plenty of time to obtain your goals. Best of Luck my friend.

marval

Hi SOAR21

Welcome to the forum, you will find this a great place for discussing music and for litening to it.

Margaret