Buzouki

ahmadi

Hallo,

everyone. I'm Ahmadi and I play the Buzouki.

Last edited by a moderator:

wljmrbill

Welcome to the forums. Help an old fellow out.... What is a Buzouka? surely not a "bazooka" that we have here that country musicians play more so.

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome to the forum, Ahmadi.

I know that you will enjoy your time here meeting new friends and participating in any of the wonderful discussions.

For those interested, Wikipedia has this description for the Bazouki.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome aboard, Ahmadi---

A great many professional musicians and composers will you find amongst the many friendly people here. Please do make yourself feel very much at home here.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret)
Welcome Ahmadi !
Hey, When it comes to buzuki, I think the best to give you information are the...Greeks! right?
So, we've got to kinds currently : the one with 8strings(we call it tetrachortho - 4string - cause you tune each two strings identical G-D-A-E) and the one with 6strings(called trichortho -3str -D-A-D). On trichordo we usually play older music (i.e. Rembetico ) and the modern things on tetracortho.
How come Ahmadi and playin' buzuki in Denmark, are you related in any way with Greece?
Panos

marval

Hello Ahmadi

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us.

Thanks for the link Bill, I like her too.

Margaret

ahmadi

from Kurdistan

Thank you to everyone who passes by my page and I am Ahmadi from Kurdistan and play the Kurdish bouzouki, which is different from the Greek bouzouki I will try to put audio files and pictures of that when you get to know sections of the forum and I do not know the inglesh language and sorry Lsw explanation or expression, and thank you again.</SPAN>

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret)
Ok my friend Ahmadi. I know what you mean.
We've got a lot of Kurdish people here in Athens, gentle people, struggling to survive under difficould conditions, you know...
I heard a man in a sqare playin' the Kurdish buzuki, it's beautyfull.
I'm waitin' to see your pictures and of course to LISTEN to your buzuki !
Best regards
Panos

wljmrbill

I too look forward to seeing your instriument and hearing it being played. I will try youtube..maybe something there.