Learnt something!

Dorsetmike

All the years I'ver been using a PC and never knew this -- (probably everybody else does!!)

In Firefox, and some other browsers, Hold down the Control key and use the scroll wheel on the mouse to make text larger or smaller. No more eyestraining!! Read this on another forum.

Also F11 key can remove tool bars and task bar to give full screen, this is a toggle action, pressing F11 again restores tool and task bars. Found this out when my finger slipped from the backspace key!

dll927

At least some of the forums I am a party to have adjustments right in the websites to change the size of type. Granted, not all do (including this one).

I am no computer expert, but there are certainly ways around to get type larger, if that's what one wants. And my word processor has an adjustment that can make the type so big it would use reams of paper to write a letter.

But I'll freely admit, after several years of having a PC, I still learn new things myself every so often.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Yup ... and there are other "non mouse" shortcuts too:

- When viewing a page, hit the backspace key to go to the previous page
- Alt + left arrow does the same thing as above
- Those menu items at the top of your browser (file, edit, view, etc) can be accessed by holding the ALT key while you press "F" for file menu, "E" for the edit menu, etc etc.

I hate mice ... I primarily use the ALT, CTRL, SHIFT and TAB keys as much as possible.
But when I do need to mouse through something my trusty thumb controlled trackball is at the ready.

Ps: I'm the boob who moved this thread to its present forum location - :nut:

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
GM Krummhorn,

STOP IT! You're no boob, you only had a minor setback.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Thank you, Master CD ... you're all heart, ya know.
At least all my minors aren't majors ... :lol:

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I am with IE and the trick works OK. you never stop learning eh, one I found recently was hit Ctrl and a shrinking circle locates you mouse position.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
GM Krummhorn,

And your minors are of a diminished sort, sorta like a *Capriccio on the interval of a diminshed second*. :grin::grin::grin: