I've been a bad boy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederik.Sjölund

Regulator
Hello Magle forums.

I haven't been very active for some time, and for that, I am shameful.
More so because I actually made some music and I haven't posted it here for some reason.

About a year ago I upgraded my computer hardware and bought the latest version of Cubase. And as such, when new tools come, the lust to experiment and be creative kind of increases.
So I'm posting these two tunes that I made about 13 months ago and I would love to hear you peoples opinion on them.

http://www.fredsmusic.se/content/music/drama.mp3

http://www.fredsmusic.se/content/music/free.mp3

Cheers!

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hi Frederik,

Nice job you do - Congrats and best wishes on your continued success with your art and craft.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret)
Hi Frederik !
I've just listen to your musik. Good work. I liked Drama, I didn't expected (liked most) the way it ends (it's nice with the Harp..), but I have an objection with your string section, it sounds not so real and I expected a bit less of it. Is it Quantum Leap Orch?

I can understand your exitement with new stuff, I 've got the new REAPERx64 and I'm lost in... The worst is that I have to forget everything I've done with my trusted and exelent Motif ES... and to transport all of my big orchestrations from ES to REAP..

I enjoyed all !
Hope to hear more from you
Panos

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Welcome back to the homefront, Frederik.

Really enjoyed listening to your new compositions posted here.
Drama was really great, as was the 2nd one which seems to take on a "western" motif at the beginning. I was visualizing slo-mo horses running along the ocean or against the trees of the forest.

All really great material.

marval

Hello Frederik

Thank you for sharing those with us. I liked them, so do continue.

Margaret

wljmrbill

Very enjoyable to listen to your music. Reminds me of music I would hear as background at a Imax theater for example. Keep up the good work and Welcome Back !!

DocDan

Very competent, very well done. Musically I preferred Drama to Free and they are both very soundtracky. Maybe slightly string-heavy at times, but then again that's in the nature of soundtrack music anyway.

I presume from what you have said that this has been computer created - what sampler and sample set are you using, it's fairly convincing. I'm pretty impressed overall.

sandal

hi
congratulations! i loved your music. listening to your pieces one can hear how much time and creativity they have absorbed. balance and good worksmanship in orchestration make listening to them a pleasure.
i agree with samson bros and docdan that they sound like soundtracks, as i guess they were intended to be, for they bear many idiomatic characteristics of that sort. it is also my guess that free was intended to be 'lighter' than drama.
my assumption on the sources of comments about the use of strings: judging -if i may- by the high standards set by the rest of the work, drama, from roughly 2:50 to 3:30 sounds thinner and wearier, not only in orchestral texture but also in ideas, which perhaps could be remedied by use of counter melodies, ostinatos or other tools from your superb toolbox, without spoiling the contrast sought (my guess again) with the section starting at 3:30.
thank you, indeed, for the beautiful music and keep more coming our way.
one last word to the experts of the forum: why do you refrain from making detailed analyses of such serious music and leave it to comments of questionable validity from amateurs like myself.:)

John Watt

I'm getting off on the references to "soundtrack music".
I've been calling myself a soundtrack musician for over five years now,
saying I'm playing the music of our lives.
When I'm visiting I'm jamming along to the TV or any other screen, even if there isn't any default music.
And yes, strings, and organs, are a big part of symphonic referencing, even if not everyone needs a computer to put it together.

porton11

Really enjoyed listening to your new compositions posted here.
Drama was really great, as was the 2nd one which seems to take on a "western" motif at the beginning. I was visualizing slo-mo horses running along the ocean or against th

Status
Not open for further replies.