• Welcome to the Pipe Organ Forum! This is a part of the open community Magle International Music Forums focused on pipe organs (also known as "church organs"), organists, organ music and related topics.

This forum is intended to be a friendly place where technically advanced organists and beginners (or even non-organists) can feel comfortable having discussions and asking questions. We learn by reading and asking questions, and it is hoped that the beginners (or non-organists) will feel free to ask even the simplest questions, and that the more advanced organists will patiently answer these questions. On the other hand, we encourage complex, technical discussions of technique, music, organ-building, etc. The opinions and observations of a diverse group of people from around the world should prove to be interesting and stimulating to all of us.

As pipe organ discussions can sometimes become lively, it should be pointed out that this is an open forum. Statements made here are the opinion of the poster, and not necessarily that of the forum itself, its administrator, or its moderators.

In order to post a new topic - or reply to existing ones - you may join and become a member by clicking on Register New User. It's completely free and only requires a working email address (in order to confirm your registration - it will never be given away!). We strive to make this a friendly and informative forum for anyone interested in pipe organs and organ music.

(Note: If you wish to link to and promote your own website please read this thread first.)

Many kind regards
    smile.gif

Frederik Magle
    Administrator

Krummhorn
    Co-Administrator

A little sunshine in your life

marval

Hi CD

Thank you for that, it realy lifted my spirits. I am not sure about doing cartwheels, but a skip and a jump might be in order.

Margaret

wljmrbill

Thanks enjoyed the rendition of this piece.. true alittle lightness in my life after cheeko's death yesterday..I like that organ and Diane Bish anyhow.

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Rear Admiral Appassionata (Ret)
Trumpets from Heaven !

Blessed br,CD. This is not a link it's a gift avd thank you for that!

Not just a sunny day in springtime but a huge attack of trumpets from heaven. Exellent piece of music.
Even if I'm not a fan of Diane and having some objections on her palayin' style (she has a direct ipmact though), on this piece she performed with appropriate beauty.
Magnificent Ruffati organ...and live recording...this link has it all.
A real gift.:D

Thanx bro

Panos

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Blessed Br. Panos,

You're very welcome. I used to have a beautiful recording of this piece by, methinks his name is Peter Goodman on the organ of Hull City Hall. He uses a most sweetly voiced tuba I have ever heard. His interpretation I enjoy more than *Bishi's*. The Ruffatti at Coral Ridge Presbyterian is a little on the coarsely abrasive side. The Ruffatti at St. Mary's Cathedral in San Francisco is my favorite. The firm of Pinchi makes some real gems which use very low wind pressure but the pipes have open toes the whole way for to let in a maximum quantity of air into the pipe, thus achieving a very full and rich sound. Mascioni's organs are imvoho the Ferrari's of Italian organ building, full of romantic texture and timbre. Tamburini's are dependable if somewhat plain vanilla in voicing. Vegezzi-Bossi I really have not experienced so I can't say.

Now, getting back to thread topic, I am scouting arouind for a recording of Basil Harwood's *Paean* which is a real noble piece with ardor and restrained heroism. So, stay tuned........

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

Full scale information as allways br.Cd, I didn't know any of these. Just the Ruffati...
I can wait for as long as it takes for a similar link.
cheers
Panos

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Blessed Br. Panos,

You're very welcome. Ya know, deep down in my heart I like an *all-weather organ* ergo an instrument which can adeptly and adroitly sing and bloom with any repertoire. Cavaillé-Coll tops my list, Willis/Aeolian-Skinner are tied for second place, and Sauer/Klais are tied for third. My face shatters with a smile when I hear the big CC in St. Sulpice whose liquid foundations, ethereal strings,
silvery mixtures, and crème de la crème reeds that have so much soul and heroic ardor, quite simply contributes to sunshine in my life.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Ghekorg7 (Ret)

This is a poem for Aristide's child , praise for the eternal quality of pure sensual and real sound of the pipes.
Great !
I'll sign with you, even if I'm closer to Silbermann and love the Italian of S.Maria de la Salute.

Blessed br.CD
Panos