Cribbage

Dorsetmike

Spent a couple of pleasant hours playing cribbage on line with a friend from another forum, used skype at the same time so we could chat as well.

Current score 3 all, rematch due soon. I used to play Bridge on line when MSN had a games site, but that's been dropped and taken up by another operator and nowhere near as good. Had regular partners in Helsinki, Holland and Canada. Kept the brain cells active!

Another friend plays(?) flight simulators on line, has hundreds of GB storage for the scenery, and 3 monitors (so he can look out the side windows) could never see the point of that. Asked him if the Icelandic volcanic dust stopped flight sim, he took the question seriously.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I used to play Cribbage years ago ... only live play, though.
Was always lots of fun. Have never given the online play a go yet ... seems there isn't enough time in my days for that anymore. Since retirement, I've been busier than I was working full time :nut:.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Lars - you're retired?? Goodness me, and I'd painted an image of you, in my mind's eye, as a strapping twenty-something complete with six-pack!!

:)

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
You're too kind, David. Much too kind :whistle: And ... thank you :)

Not to derail the thread, but since you asked ... I took early retirement at age 58 from my mainstay 40 hour per week jobs that I had done for 45 continuous years. My music career as a church organist began in 1961 (when I was 12) and continues to this day. If the numbers crunch correctly, they will reveal that I am 62 years (in May 2010) of age. These days my income is derived from my pension and church salary. I can't collect social security until age 66.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Lars - bless you and thanks also for the hard work you put in here. For such an old fellow, I'm amazing you remember how to turn you computer on and log in! You and lovely Margaret are a credit to retirees.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Bless you, David ... but, just watch it with that "old fellow" stuff, okay :lol:

Oh, I've been computer savvy for the past 28 years ... but could live without them if it ever came to that.

OLDUDE

Hi Mike,
Never mind these young fellows (I've been retired for 15 years and cant get enough of spare time).
It was interesting that you play crib on-line (I used to play a lot many years ago, but it may not be the same without the beer).
My real interest in this sort of area was chess, but it seems unlikely to work on-line
unless one is playing speed-chess which was never my favourite. I never took to postal chess either, I guess there is nothing like facing your opponent across a table and boring him to death. (None of this chit-chat stuff in chess )

Cheers John

Dorsetmike

I think being able to talk via Skype while playing was a definite plus. Might be a bit naughty if playing bridge and discussing hands with a partner, could realy clean up there!