New saw technology

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Seeing is believing ...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3mzhvMgrLE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
That is totally incredible and it made my skin crawl up to the top of my head and leap off.

Lars, please provide the actual You Tube link, as it's embedded here, I'd like so show this to my College Carpenter.

thanks

David

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I agree ... my dad was a journeyman carpenter and witnessed lots of men lose their fingers when sawing wood. He said it went so fast they didn't even know they had done it until reaching for another board to saw.

Should be standard safety equipment on saws like this.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Yes - they didn't notice for a few seconds then the brain and the nerve endings get their "act together" and the pain would be horrific ...

greatcyber

How freaky is that? But what a great invention. If this had been around 40 years ago, my late uncle wouldn't have lost 3 of his fingers on his table saw...ouch!

I was expecting to see a musical saw so boy was I surprised.

greatcyber

Thank you sir. I'm still not really back full-time until after we move at the end of the month.

...so you've been forewarned! lol

teddy

Duckmeister
That is the most amazing thing. I thought by posting it would bring it back up the list where it would gain prominence. They used to saw that one of the most dangerous jobs at the nudist camp was sawing logs. Not any more.

teddy

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I guess that means that alot of digits will be saved - no, not numbers........:smirk: