J.S. Bach, an introduction

Marc

Brilliant Classics issued about a dozen composer documentaries between 5 and 10 years ago. I did not see them all, but I thought this Bach issue was one of the best. Haven't seen it for ages, but I do recall Ton Koopman getting a bit behind his breath after playing the pedaliter introduction of BWV 549 at top speed. :)

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
hey Marc, yes I noticed that, could have been nerves too, with the camera over his right shoulder; and what playing, fantastic, such a wonderful organist he is.

Marc

hey Marc, yes I noticed that, could have been nerves too, with the camera over his right shoulder; and what playing, fantastic, such a wonderful organist he is.

My guess would be that Koopman is rather accostumed to microphone and camera attention. He's a veteran pro. :)

For this insane footwork he had to firmly clasp the couch with both his hands for a while. His 'normal' interpretations of this piece are also fast, but not this 'outrageous'. Otherwise, I don't think he would manage to reach the end. :grin:

BTW, here's a short link of Koopman's BWV 549 introduction, with truthful subtitles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qO-pJRLeHA

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Marc my friend

That link is wonderful and yes, I liked the (annoying) cartoon balloon text boxes.

This pedal part is a challenge, even moreso I would think, on a non-radiating pedal board, but I'm not sure as all my experience has been on radiating pedals boards.

Enlightenment, Lars please?