World's best Rocky Road

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Last night, inspired by the hugely addictive Masterchef Australia, I decided to make rocky road, at least as I remember it as a child. I must say, as I've been handing out at work this morning, the results were perfect:

3 parts milk and 1 part dark chocolate (use Swiss or high quality high coco content NOT cooking chocolate which is foul). I used about 300 grams of milk and 100 grams of dark. A small packet of red glace cherries (candied cherries),
1/2 cup of roasted cashew nuts,
1/2 cup of finely ground chocolate cookie (I used Tiny Teddies which I put through the food processor, because I couldn't find a plain choclate cookie in the supermarket).
2 cups of pink marshmallows, chopped up with kitchen scissors.
1/2 cup of dessicated coconut

Melt the choclate in a glass dish in the microwave on LOW for 3 or 4 minutes, check to see that it's just melted. In the meantime, line a glass dish with baking paper.

Combine all the ingredients in the melted choclate and pour (rather push) into the baking dish, then into the fridge. One it's set, takes a couple of hours. Remove from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature (too difficult to cut otherwise).

Last edited:

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I just gained 5 pounds reading the ingredient list ... then came the diabetic coma.
I'd have to inject 200 units of insulin to offset this scrumptious sounding delight.

OLDUDE

I'm afraid that like Krummhorn I will never have the pleasure to taste this extraordinary-sounding Ozzy morsel.