Hello Everybody.

Betty

I came here in search of classical music freebies that I can use for background music for videos that I make from time to time. Nothing very ambitious at all; mainly for fun and because I enjoy messing about with my digital camera.

It's late here, so I'll leave it at that.

wljmrbill

Your bigest problem will be the copywright issue with the recording. Most of the classical music itself is public domain: however the artist recording it is another issue.A good option is to use a friend who plays well to record it for you to use. You can also write to the artist/recording agent for permission to use the recording. Good luck with your projects.

Montefalco

Hi Betty, welcome to the forum.
There are sometimes free classical downloads from Last FM. Good luck with your videos.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Copyright is only a problem if commercial gain is the result of its use. Private use for home movies, I don't see a problem.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
True about home use ... but ... if you invite friends over, then it becomes a "public viewing" and is subject to copyright infringements.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Copyright is only a problem if commercial gain is the result of its use. Private use for home movies, I don't see a problem.

I am not too sure about that CT, maybe different rules in different countries, I make and receive CD copies from friends and I understand this is illegal, our super new government is to pass a law making it illegal to d/l copyright protected music as in torrents, also if you have a business (cafe) and play recorded music to customers again you are supposed to pay royalties?? how about street buskers? If I pay $35 for a CD then it should be mine to do with as I please, how about giving a small recital to a none paying audience??

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello Betty
Welcome to the site. You will certainly get plenty of advice here. I know that in England you are OK in private as long as it is not for gain, but in any commercial premises you must have a licence irrespective of the format.
Good luck

teddy

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome aboard Betty,

Please do make yourself feel very much at home here amongst supefantabulous people with open hearts and minds.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

marval

Hello Betty

Welcome to the forum, I am not sure about the copyright in Denmark. As has been said here in England it is all right for private use, but otherwise you do need a licence.

Margaret