Need help

mercedes robles

Is anyone familiar witht the pipe organ in Covenant Presbytarian Church in Bisbee, AZ? Need any and all information. AND someone who would like to play. Our beautiful organ has been silent too long and needs to PLAY!

marval

Hello mercedes

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us.

I can't help you but there are many organists here, who might have the information for you. It is good that you want the organ to be played again.

Margaret

wljmrbill

Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your time here. Perhaps Lars can help you out as he is from your area of the country. Might check with your local American Guild of Organist group there or near you also. Put a notice in your local Craigslist.com might help too.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Mercedes :wave:

Welcome aboard to this great forum. Although I do live in Arizona, I have not seen nor played the organ at Covenant Pres in Bisbee.

I was able to glean some information from the church's website:

• Organ built by the Murray Harris company (1895-1913, Los Angeles) and installed in 1903.
  • The original installation had 579 pipes.
  • The organ today has 15 ranks. (couldn't find a stoplist, sorry)
Here's a youtube clip of Dr. Homer Ferguson playing this delightful organ in 2009:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFvfWonp53k&feature=related&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

The church website can be found here.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Welcome aboard Mercedes,

Please do make yourself feel very much at home on MIMF - Lots of superfantabulous people with a willingness to help.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat: