Dominion - Prequel to the Exorcist (2005) DVD

themusikgnome

It's doubtful that many on this forum have heard of the heavy metal band Dog Fashion Disco (DFD) but they are an awesome band. Dominion - Prequel to the Exorcist (2005) will be released in Canada and the states on 10-25-05. Amazon.com among others are taking pre-orders. This is the Paul Schrader version not the Exorcist: The Beginning disaster that came out in 2004. DFD did the music score and have proved the non-believers in their endless talent wrong once again. The film and music score has won international acclaim and here's what one reviewer who gave the film and music 5 out of 5 stars said about DFD's music.

"The Dog Fashion Disco material add real dimension to the film. Variety, in fact. Dog Fashion Disco, though, really give the film quite an existential flavor with their "Satan's March" track. Exceeded my expectations! In addition, their sprinkles of creepy ambience throughout the film itself are great and go a long way at tying the film sonically to Friedkin's film. And as if I had to say it, what an accomplishment of Schrader's, his success at cobbling together the film's music the way he did, at the eleventh hour and for such a scant price. If this had been a director accustomed to big budget Hollywood fare instead -- Renny Harlin, even -- it wouldn't have happened so successfully, against such odds."

I've already pre-ordered the DVD.

WalkingTheSky

Wow! Thanks for sharing that information with us!

Welcome to the forum, more specifically, the Soundtrack and Score section.
wink.gif

Let us know more when you recieve your copy!