Favorite DJ

teddy

Duckmeister
I believe I grew up in the golden age of disc jockeys. Firstly with Radio Luxemberg and the top 20 on a Sunday night. Then American broadcasts from Germany and my introduction to jaz. This was followed while in Marlow on Thames by radio London. Once I moved into Kent it was radio Caroline. Both these stations broke new ground with their non stop music, laughter and jokes and revolutionary ideas such as two DJs on the same show. But as far as the best DJ is concerned it has to be Paul Gambaccini. He uses his knowledge to enhance the music rather than promoting himself. I also like his voice which I find soothing and never disruptive. So, who gets your vote.

teddy

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Maybe radio "emcee" or personality,

From my younger days, when I lived in Southern California, it was Gary Owens who was, then, on radio station KMPC.

Hamilton Williams, on KCBH (a Beverly Hills FM station - now defunct) and their nightly program Concerto from Coldwater Canyon.

Nowadays, I do not know the names of presenters ... and listen mostly to streaming radio (Pandora) on the internet.