Happy Birthday Rojo!

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
It seems like our friend celebrated her birthday yesterday.

Hope you had a great time, Robin.

:trp:HAPPY BIRTHDAY:trp:

Dorsetmike

0076.gif

With apologies for lateness, somebody shoulda told us!!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
That's right ... plum slipped my mind :banghead:

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Robin dear ... Hopefully Stephen was able to bake a cake for you. :up:

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
A big (if belated) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, Robin!!! :trp: :trp:

Hope you had a great day!

All the best birthday wishes,
Frederik

greatcyber

Better Late Than Never

Sure hope you had a good one Robin. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0gLkZlO3Ec[/YOUTUBE]

Odd, I know...but then so am I ;)

rojo

(Ret)
Thanks so much one and all for your kind wishes. Much appreciated. :)

This year I discovered that I am old enough to forget my actual age. :eek: I got confused and thought I was turning a year older than I really was. On the plus side, I guess I have an extra year that I didn't know I had. :crazy: :rolleyes:

I had a swell b'day. I enjoyed a celebratory meal for the occasion at my sister's, including strawberry shortcake. :up:

Nice catch, Mat. ;)

Pie flavoured pie?.. hmm.

Merci pour les escargots, ON. Ils sont adorables. :)

Ouled Nails

The strawberry shortcake is my favorite cake. I wonder if there's a classical music analogy with cakes! Which composer comes to mind while eating a strawberry shortcake?
Of course there's more than one layer. Perhaps there's room for several composers. But they better have that, je ne sais quoi, taste of a fresh strawberry!@@@

rojo

(Ret)
Hmm, might have been easier if it had been an Opera cake. lol

The closest thing I can think of at the moment is how Debussy once described the music of Poulenc; he felt it "gives the charming and bizarre sensation of eating a pink bonbon stuffed with snow."

The "awaye, avance" from the snail pic made me think of my cats. I speak to them in French, and I say that to them regularly. Particularly when I have opened the door for them to go out, and they just stand there... lol

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Robin
My partner and I have two cats (Bowie and Bailey: Bowie because he's got two different colour eyes and Bailey because he's the colour of Irish Cream).

We soooooo understand the thing of opening the door for cats and then waiting patiently whilst they ponder the universe and THEN saunter out in their own time.

Ouled Nails

"Awaye avance"

My cats are outdoors, all summer long. But the dog.... He has his own "provisions" when I walk him: going too fast or stalling in the same spot, smelling, for several minutes.

"Avance, Molsom!" We don't have all day!!

rojo

(Ret)
Thanks Hennie. :)

@ David - What cool names for your cats. We have one cat that has two different coloured eyes, although it was a gradual change (of one eye) over time. The vet said it was not a problem, so I guess she's alright.

Actually, I'm a bit upset tonight, and it's cat-related. Although it doesn't concern any of the four that we presently harbour.

There was a cute little young cat that appeared at the side of the house tonight. My partner saw it first, and he called me outside to come see. Well, the poor thing has some sort of wound on it's back, flies were buzzing around it. I'm afraid it's going to have serious trouble surviving. :( I want so desperately to help it, but we don't have the space/money to take in another cat. Also, it's a fearful cat, it won't let us approach it. But I think it knows it needs help, and that's why it's hanging around. It tried to mew several times, but the sound that came out was partially muted somehow. I think it's a female, because our male cats don't seem too upset by it being around.

My partner decided (against my better judgment, lol) to put a few bits of cat food out for it. (He's a sucker for critters like I am, lol) Now we're surely in for trouble. :rolleyes:

Awaye awaye la p'tite p'tite p'tite, awaye awaye la p'tite... minoune.