Pre-dentist visit movie

teddy

Duckmeister
Thank you. I am so glad I watched that. I as a rule always make sure that my dentist is smaller tham me. My current one is also a client so he makes sure he does not hurt me. I know all about his financial affairs.

teddy

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Well ... I'm certainly glad I didn't become a dentist ... you will notice that the patient here is only numbed up and not zonked out like what usually happens for dental surgery.

Fortunately, for procedures like this, I was in la-la-land and not conscious of what was going on :)

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Yeah, I've hand an extraction, and I had several needles before he started to pull. In honesty, it was the least painful procedure I went through. My dentist used a long lasting anasthetic which was also had a nerve killing agent. The most painful procedure I've had to endure was root canal ... yikes.

teddy

Duckmeister
I did not find the root canal too painful but they also had to cut some bone away. They cut until it bleeds which shows it is healthy. I did not have anasthetic for that. I do not like needles so I put up with it. It was not too bad really.

teddy

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
You are a brave man, teddles, I find the needles are so fine nowadays that they just slide in with little pain. Slamming your finger in a door is much more painful.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
. . . The most painful procedure I've had to endure was root canal ... yikes.

I never had one of those ... refused them, actually. My dental insurance at the time would only cover the first $40 of the $1,250 procedure. I asked my dentist, "how much to yank it out" ... and he replied "$65, and the insurance covers the whole thing." I said ... "pull it!!"

A few hours of having my jay numbed up and not being able to drink from a glass without goobering up my shirt and clothes was certainly easier to deal with than the repeated two or three hour open mouth sessions and all that drilling. Yikes, indeed.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Equally as bad is the high fructose syrup that has been used as its substitute.

Being one that has diabetes and takes insulin, I shy away from sugar anyway. Trouble is, saccharin and aspartame do other things to the bodies chemistry that are almost as unfavorable as sugar, sometimes worse.