Seeing as it's a non-event

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Seeing as my birthday (7th August) slipped under the radar, this is what I did:

It was actaully on Saturday, Geoff (my partner) and I drove 4 hours due west of Sydney, over the Blue Mountians, into country New South Wales. Ending up in Mudgee (I posted about the Anglican church and its rather boring Brindley and Foster here). We spent the weekend with an old friend of mine who took us out for a wonderful dinner on Saturday evening.

Geoff also gave me a DVD and a bottle of Moet et Chandon, so I'm saving that for a special occasion ... not sure what that might be but I hope it's soon!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Well for goodness sake ... a belated :cheers: Happy Birthday :cheers: to you, David.

We probably missed it as your birthday doesn't show up on the forum calendar.

(Your profile is set to "hide age and date of birth")

wljmrbill

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !! A drive through the mountains. dinner and visit with friends,bottle of wine, and a cd sound like a great way to celebrate to me. Have a Great Year!!

rojo

(Ret)
Happy Belated Birthday David!

:clap::trp::clap::trp::clap:

Sounds like you had a great time. Hope the coming year is equally great. :)

teddy

Duckmeister
Many (belated) happy returns David. I trust that you had a good weekend without us. (More cake for you)

Best wishes

teddy

Dorsetmike

Delayed wishes David.
0076.gif

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
We wouldn't have missed it if it had shown up on the calendar, David.

But still, Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had fun.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
I notice, that none of you provided cake or champagn! Hrumph!!

But seriously, had a nice time and my old Who?'s wheelchair is now on a gradually increasing slop towards old-age ... still firmly in control, however.

Contratrombone64

Admiral of Fugues
Hmm, how does my birthday end up in the calendar? I have no idea what setting I have to tweak for this to happen ... hrumph!

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hmm, how does my birthday end up in the calendar? I have no idea what setting I have to tweak for this to happen ... hrumph!

It's in your "profile" settings. To get there, click on "User Control Panel", then select "Edit Your Details". Scroll down to the date of birth area, and right below that are your "privacy" options:

1. Hide age and date of birth,
  2. Display age only
  3. Display only Day and Month,
  4. Display age and full date of birth.
Click on one of those options, then scroll down to the bottom and click on "Save Changes".

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Happy returns David, I will send a pressy soon as I can afford to double my quota, I prefer to forget my BD:cool::eek:;):rolleyes::cry::cry::smirk::confused:

teddy

Duckmeister
I find as I get older it gets harder to know what you do want on these occassions, that is within the price range of the giver. It tends to be music or books as no one seems to want to buy me a thirty five foot ketch.

teddy

JHC

Seriously the things that I want are the ones you can't buy from a shop like, a few more active years

Dorsetmike

no one seems to want to buy me a thirty five foot ketch.

teddy

Well you'll just haver to cling to the bottom of a buoy in the harbour 'til one comes along that you can ketch for yourself, but you'll need a big net for a 35 footer.

JHC

perhaps he would rather cling to the bottom of a Girl. oooooops