Ten Thousand Fists

fourtone87

Ten Thousand Fists, the new album from Disturbed came out recently. So my managr from work burned me a copy and I have to say I love it. Disturbed manages to constantly reinvent themselves and their sound. The great thing about Disturbed is the lead singer's incredibly powerful voice. Kinda inspirational in a way, which is so rare for a metal band.

jason

I've never listened to Disturbed because I thought they were too "trendy". It's in my comprehensive iTunes collection though, so I'm listening to "The Sickness" right now. I know this is an older album, and defeats your point of Disturbed' capability of reinventing themselves, but I thought I would at least weigh in with my newly formed opinion of the band and I'll chime in again after I get a chance to check out "Ten Thousand Fists".

I'm finding their stuff fairly repetitive, and the vocals are growing very tiresome in that high-pitched growl. I don't really "dislike" it. It's worth listening to occasionally, and with a group of people that don't share my appreciation for hardcore metal, but I'm not going to rush out an buy it. I'm thinking my wife would dig it. Maybe she does, I don't know, I make her change the station when I'm in her car
wink.gif

fourtone87

Heh thats funny that you mentionit seeming repetative. I just realized this tonight, it is very repetative. But I guess I can still call my self a fan.

"the sickness" is indeed an awesome song, probably my favorite from Disturbed. I also like Deify on their new album.

ApeXX

Banned
I believe the song is called "Down with the Sickness", if we are talking about the same song. I used to listen to Disturbed, however I found that they follow the more modernized "rock", where as I prefer some of the older bands. (Black Sabbath, Nirvana, AC/DC etc.)

jason

When I referred to "The Sickness", I was referring to the album, not the song "Down With the Sickness".

ApeXX

Banned
Oh, I see. I do not own any of their albums (Itunes rocks!), so I did not know that that was the name of the album. Thank you for the correction.

And after re-reading the whole thread, I have realized that I was refering to fourtone87's post, where he said "the sickness is indeed an awesome song".

ApeXX

Banned
After reading some good reviews on Amazon about 10,000 Fists, I decided to buy it at my local Target. All I can say is that the last 10 or so songs are just slightly different guitar riffs and vocals of the first 3 or 4 songs. Although I do like the direction they have gone with their music, they really need to be more "creative".

Oh and don't buy at Target! It was 7.00 more than what I could have gotten new online. I almost felt guilty buying it.
tongue.gif

prokop

I've listened to "10.000 fists" over a few times and although it's pretty good, it's getting pretty repetitive on Disturbed's part.

"The Sickness" album is a far superior album, check it out
smile.gif

ApeXX

Banned
Also I think that a lot of Disturbed's work gets over-played on the radio. I find that a great song can sound extremely repetative when it is played over and over again on the same station. Especially since where I live, there are few good radio channels. I used to listen to some older songs produced by Green Day, before they become a multimedia wonder. Now I cringe everytime I hear one of their songs or see some child with a Green Day CD... right next to his BackStreet Boy collection.

gnarl

have only heard one song off the new album,'ten thousand fists'.. They seem to be reinventing their sound.