Hope it's not going to be one of "those" days

Dorsetmike

I was woken about 05.45 by a strident electronic noise, groped for the alarm, not that, I have it set for music usually, picked up the phone, not that either, thought it might be a fault in the alarm so unplugged it, nope. Wonder if it's the smoke detector, got out of bed, stumbled to the doornot that either and the sound reduced as I went away from the bedroom.

Returned to bedroom, rummaged around, AH! found it, an old clock I have on the desk, must have knocked the alarm switch when ~I moved it yesterday, switched of the alarm, removed the battery just in case, resisted urge to hurl it at the wall.

Got back into bed, reset the time on the clock I'd unplugged. Tried to get back to sleep, lay there for an hour or more, ... ... what was that sound? then little itches started that needed scratching, someone turned the tinnitus volume up, an early neighbour slammed a car door. finally dropped off sometime just before seven. At about 8.45 the school run starts, (I live on a corner about 150 yards from a first school) car doors slamming, kids screaming, mothers screaming at kids, I give up and get up.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Br. Mike,

Thou hast my sincerest empathy - Its those little details which you described that make up that which is called "life" :smirk:;)

Best of the best always,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

teddy

Duckmeister
Funny is it not When I stayed in France earlier this year I was ambling outside at 6 am in my pajama trousers to have a coffee and cigarette. At home I am dragging myself out of bed, knackered at 7.30. In France it was the church bell and the cicadas. Home it is the traffic.

teddy

marval

Sorry to hear that Mike, not the best start to the day. The only noise we get is our next door neighbours. Noisy they are at any time of the day or night, they can't play their music (and I use that term lightly) very quiet. Complete with a lot of swearing, our close is quiet though.

Margaret

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Strange how some days are like that ... we installed dual pane windows last year, so that cuts out any outside noises ... but then there are those in-house creaks that we never heard before. One night, I was awoken by a strange echoing beep that occurred every two minutes ... searching for that was aggravating to say the least.

Finally found the culprit ... Mary's mobile phone chirping because its battery need charging.

While on holiday in London, it was the sirens of police or ambulances wailing all night long echoing around the buildings. We had the most peaceful nights in Denmark though ... until 8 am, when Frederik's cat, Cesar, came scratching at the door of our room wanting to be fed.

At home, at 5:30 am every morning, our two cats will do body slams to wake us up if their food bowls are empty. Hint to the wise, put food in the bowls at night :lol:. They taught us that ... silly felines. :D