Spa in your city banner

Dorsetmike

Just logged in, and found an advertising banner across the top of the screen with an invitation to click, which I shal ignore. It features a back view of a nekkid woman, I shall resist the temptation to view!

I also notice links to Google ads, how long have they been around?

Have we gone advert supported?

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I have seen the odd one Mike they seem to relate to certain words in the thread, I have not seen the knackerd lady. DAM AND BLAST.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
The Google banner ads generate Danish Kroner for Frederik Magle for each mouse click. The banner ads are able to ascertain your local region. They have been around for several years ... they went away shortly after the server crash a year ago, but were re-instated about four months ago.

None of the banner ads are supposed to be offensive. ... If there is one, please let us know, giving as much detailed info as possible (including the URL) so we can relay that information to Frederik. He can the contact Google and make the changes.

The two forums (MIMF and Talk Classical) are not cheap to run by any means considering the domain licensing, the licenses for the forum software, and of course the hosting service and the lease of the servers.

Frederik is not making money on these ... the revenue generated by the Google banner ads just about breaks even with all the costs associated with running the forums. Every little bit helps, these days.

But know this: Frederik is very committed to keeping his forums running, no matter the cost ... Both forums are his pride and joy ... and I know firsthand that he dearly loves them and will do anything humanly possible to keep them operating. :)

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Mike, if you're using Firefox, there's an easy way to get rid of the unwanted ads. You'll just have to install a small add-on - Adblock Plus. I've downloaded it a couple months ago and had no problems with ads ever since.

teddy

Duckmeister
I wish to state that I do not find naked females offensive. If you have been offended by pictures of naked ladies please send them to me immediately. Purely for research purposes of course.

teddy

marval

Well I haven't seen anything naked, I don't seem to see adverts except music related ones at the top.

Margaret

Dorsetmike

Mat, thanks for the reminder, I had disabled adblock for something else and forgot to re-enable DUH!!!!!! All clear now.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
I wish to state that I do not find naked females offensive. If you have been offended by pictures of naked ladies please send them to me immediately. Purely for research purposes of course.

teddy

:lol: @ teddy ... actually, this is good to know for future reference. You can expect my full cooperation :crazy::grin:

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
:lol: @ teddy ... actually, this is good to know for future reference. You can expect my full cooperation :crazy::grin:
Lars I take it that you have quite a few:( is it a hobby or a character flaw? this can be treated but some times the cure is worse than the ailment.

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Treatment? Naw ... I'll live with the character flaw ... must be because I'm Danish, ya know :rolleyes: