Royal Albert Hall Concert!!!

AnnaBanana

Hiya Everyone,
Well, I've just found out that I'm doing concert with my chior in the Royal Albert Hall!! It looks to be amazing, our bit consists of about 1000(I think) singers from tiny 6 year olds up to about 18/19 year olds, an orchestra and dancers. We are singing 6 songs from around the world that all link up into a 12 minute performance, conducted by the AMAZING Mike Brewer. Has anyone else ever had any experience of singing in foriegn languages (I think we are singing in a form of African, Bengali, Spanish, Swedish!!)
Anna
banana.gif
banana.gif

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Wow, congratulations Anna!
I hope it will be a tremendous experience for you and your fellow singers!
I am not able to answer your question, but I know we have some singers in here that might be able to do so
smile.gif

harfo32

Hi Anna!
I hope your concert's a great success. I conducted a concert at the Royal Albert Hall jointly with Sir David Willcocks in 1976, - it was a joint Anglo American schools choirs concert to mark American Independence in 1776. It was great fun - I was put in charge of the American contribution as the Amercian Choir which was coming cancelled. I got a group of American kids together and we rehearsed every day for a fortnight. We also had a rock group from the American Community School and an absolutely first rate American High School band. A friend of mine has a recording of it somewhere - I lose things and have lost my copy! However I can be heard accompanying the Combined British Roman Catholic Choirs in Handel's "Zadok the Priest" on organs and organists online - you have to be a member (free) Go to the Downloads area and click on the word "more" next to INTERACTIVE FEATURES and search under Handel. It is one of the largest organs in the UK - it gives you an idea what the sound is like in this enormous buiding! Plenty of organ - Tubas and 32's and so on!
John Foss

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Congratulations Anna! I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful experience performing in that "magic" hall!!

You must let us know how it goes!
smile.gif

AnnaBanana

Well, the concert's tommorow so wish me luck
clap.gif
!! Don't know whether I'll be able to speak on Thursday though
crazy.gif
... ...
Anna
banana.gif
banana.gif

AnnaBanana

Well the concert was last night, it was GREAT!!! Everything went well, it was AMAZING!!!
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif
up.gif

All the other performers were great as well, but I can hardly speak!!!
shake.gif

Anna
banana.gif
banana.gif

AnnaBanana

ummm I think it might be on the BBC at some point (I don't know if you get it) but I'm not sure... ...If I find a recording I'll try and post it on here.
Anna
banana.gif
banana.gif

AnnaBanana

A friend of mine has a DVD of it (ours is still on order) and is going to try and put a bit (including my bit) on the net somewhere. when I found out where it is I'll tell you. Anyway, at the rehearsal last night, apparently out of the 600 people there, Mike Brewer picked out our chior as the best, when there were lots of bigger and supposedly better chiors
clap.gif
!! Also, as a massed chior, we have been invited back another year, but not next year!!!
grin.gif

Anna
banana.gif
banana.gif