What are you doing for christmas?

elderflower

Seasonal greetings to all M.I.M.F friends:D (Ho.Ho.Ho) I wonder what you will all be doing over the Christmas week? My loveliest gift so far is the loan from my music pupil of a Celtic folk harp for two whole weeks. Something I have always wanted to learn to play, aren't I lucky? (Any harpists out there with tips?) I have Sylvia Woods harp primer and am watching You Tube tutorials. So that is what I shall be enjoying for the next two weeks apart from all the usual activities at this time of year. Am playing Keyboards for a Christmas concert
we are giving this afternoon and for Carol service in Church on Sunday evening.After that no engagements until the New Year. If we get snowed in here, I shall be quite happy with the harp and lots of lovely Welsh airs.
Happy Christmas everyone. Sylvie:cheers:

teddy

Duckmeister
Hallo Sylvie.

I am more familiar with the Welsh harp. Used to hear it played quite regularly as a child. I wish you well with learning. After all, ih Harpo Marx could teach himself I am sure you can. I hope to spend some time sorting my music collection and putting some order into it. Plus spend some time with friends and family.

teddy

marval

Hello Sylvie

A very happy Christmas to you, we are going to my sisters. Travelling on Christmas day and staying over.

santa-emoticon.gif
christmas-gift.gif

Margaret

http://www.messentools.com/en/msn-emoticons/navidad/3/en/msn-emoticon-details-and-download/id/490/

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Merry Christmas, Sylvie

As a church organist, most of my Christmas is spent playing in church.
There will be 3 services on Christmas Eve, 1 on Christmas Day and another round of services on Sunday Dec 26th. Add to those the numerous rehearsals with soloists, choirs and instrumentalists, as well as my own personal practice time.

Since I was 12 years old, I haven't spent a Christmas Eve at home or traveling ... but I wouldn't have it any other way as I enjoy giving my talents of musicianship to those who enjoy hearing me play ... and I go extra miles on Christmas Eve and Day with my music preludes/postludes.

elderflower

what are you doing for Christmas?

Teddy, have you looked on YouTube for harpists? There is a lovely selection and I think you would like the music played by Faeryharper, a really mellow harp sound. Happy to say our concert went very well and was much enjoyed by all.
Now to tackle some household chores and then some more work on the Harp.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Lots of music peformance - thats for sure - Trombone septetts with "arranged" choral music for starters...

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Tree up at last. Hurrah, now it is Christmas.

teddy

Wow, already? We always wait until Christmas Eve morning and then decorate the tree (and the rest of the house for that matter), never earlier.

teddy

Duckmeister
Mat, according to most people we are late with our tree. Never before the 16th (my daughters birthday) I am usually at least a week behind everbody else. Christmas is a very long holiday in England and the decorations are meant to be down by the 5th of January.

teddy

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Funny how it's different around the world. We leave the decorations on until 2nd of February (though some people here have them taken down by January 6th; strange, huh?).

teddy

Duckmeister
I believe in America you only get one day off. Over here most businesses close on the 24th until the 3rd of January.....unless you work for yourself, like me.

teddy

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Lucky you, Brits. We have the 24-26th off and then New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The days in between are regular workdays.

Last edited: