Earthquake in Christchurch!

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
I've just learned the terrible news about the earthquake that has hit Christchurch, New Zealand, today! :(

My thoughts goes to all affected, and special thoughts to the members of this forum who lives in the area or otherwise are affected.

Many regards,
Frederik

teddy

Duckmeister
Just heard about this on the radio and was about to start a thread, but Frederick beat me to it. I heard there were already 65 dead. Trust all our members out there are safe. Our thoughts are with you all out there

teddy

marval

I have just been reading about it on the internet, it is dreadful news. I send my thoughts and prayers to all involved, I hope that all our Kiwi members are safe.

Margaret

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Yes, I think that our friend Colin aka J.H.C. lives in New Zealand. Has any body heard from him yet? I'm going to pm him to make sure he and his family are safe.

Hawk Henries

I've been away from home and most media for the past week. Just hearing about this earthquake. My prayers for All in this situation. Colin are you ok?

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Hi all, yeh I'm here and just gona have a cold one, different island, way down south, can't get rid of me that easy ;)

JHC

Just been watching it on the TV, the amount of good people who are helping even when they need help themselves is astounding, and at the other end we have the scum bag looters I don't even get angry with this lot it is just what you expect from this type of person I do believe that 99% of the time they will never change they are born crims and have no place in any decent society.:scold:

OK my rant is over

rojo

(Ret)
Saw some footage on tv last night about this. Devastating. I hope they can save all who are trapped. Sad to see what happened to the cathedral.

Glad that Colin is safe.

teddy

Duckmeister
Amazing to see some of he buildings that people were rescued from. The television studio with had almost pancaked was the most frightening sight of all.

teddy

wljmrbill

Seem so many natural disaster lately.. My prayers go with people of ChristChurch as they face their future there and the resurers.

teddy

Duckmeister
No Colin I would not. I did not realise how prone NZ was to earthquakes until I saw then plotted on the map. Quite frightening

teddy

JHC

Seem so many natural disaster lately.. QUOTE]

Beware the dreaded 2012 prediction :eek:

One man on TV said Nature can be cruel????
Nature has no feelings, there is not good or evil, right or wrong, but life is a very fierce struggle for survival, we do tend to loose sight of this in our smugness, all we can do is to show compassion and help where possible and be very grateful that it is not us. does that sound heartless?? it is not meant to be, the same feelings should be extended to anyone that has lost a son daughter husband wife through any means.
Here endeth the first lesson

teddy

Duckmeister
My sentiments exactly Colin, Although I can not imagine what it would be like to lose one of my girls.
I agree there are too many people who do not realise what nature is about. To many bunny huggers who think all wild animals are cute and cuddley. If you have ever seen a rabbit having a pitched battle you know how red of tooth and claw nature can be, in any form.

teddy7

JHC

Exactly t7
I will add that it is very humbling to see all the help coming in form all over, Australia, USA, UK, Japan why can't we be nice all of the time?

Last edited: