Greetings in Foreign Languages

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Bon Dieu, je suis perdu :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Admin note: Sorry to borrow Colin's space here ... he gets credit for starting this new thread but didn't actually start a new thread ... without our help :rolleyes: rather, this new thread and its contents were created/harvested from the off topic foreign language postings that started to appear in the Swan Lake thread. Carry on ...

Alban Berg

Banned
Pourquoi tu es perdu, mon bon ami J.H.C? Apparemment tu parles plusieurs langues. Je te félicite. Tu ne devrais pas être perdu. Le lac des cygnes est une oeuvre purement commercial du IXX siècle...Que veux-tu que je te dise? Rossini en a fait également mais avec plus de talent peut-être...je suis fou de son Barbier!

Cordialement,

Martin

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Pourquoi tu es perdu, mon bon ami J.H.C? Apparemment tu parles plusieurs langues. Je te félicite. Tu ne devrais pas être perdu. Le lac des cygnes est une oeuvre purement commercial du IXX siècle...Que veux-tu que je te dise? Rossini en a fait également mais avec plus de talent peut-être...je suis fou de son Barbier!

Cordialement,

Martin

For those wondering, the rough translation from French to English follows:

Why you're lost, my good friend J.H.C? Apparently you speak several languages. I congratulate you. You should not be lost. Swan Lake is a work of purely commercial IXX century ... What do you want me to say? Rossini also did but with more talent ... maybe I'm crazy about his barber!

Sincerely,
Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
LOL

For those wondering, the rough translation from French to English follows:

Why you're lost, my good friend J.H.C? Apparently you speak several languages. I congratulate you. You should not be lost. Swan Lake is a work of purely commercial IXX century ... What do you want me to say? Rossini also did but with more talent ... maybe I'm crazy about his barber!

Sincerely,
Martin
=============================================
The translation seems to be ok. I have just answered in French because the guy said something in French and French is my second mother tongue...English is my third...

Sincerely,

Martin

Alban Berg

Banned
Лебединое озеро

Я не люблю Лебединое озеро! но я очень люблю чайкосково оперы.

Мартин

:D

I still make some faults when writing in Russian...You can correct me, I will be happy.

Hawk Henries

ダビデは、これは私も多言語のできることを意味ですか??

これは、このリンク〜クールなおかげです! ;)

JHC

Tá tuiscint ar ghreann shócmhainn luachmhar

Alban Berg

Banned
GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I am so lost! Is this a swanlake site or a Babel tower site????? Please stop! I will write in English from now on!

LOL

Martin

JHC

I typed this in Google and I couldn't find anything...I don't even know what language this is...Finnish? Hungarian?

Please explain!

Martin, curious.
For a master of languages you don't recognise Irish ;)

teddy

Duckmeister
Gaelic as spoken in Eire is very similar to the Scottish version as well. Now for something completely different

Sut wyt ti heddiw.

teddy

dll927

Le Lac des Cygnes? Well, in Spanish that would be El Lago de los Cisnes. But does the translation change the music?

Alban Berg

Banned
Did I...

For a master of languages you don't recognise Irish ;)

Did I say I am a master of languages? I AM NOT!

Spanish is my mother tongue (I was born in Buenos Aires)
English my "father's" tongue...LOL (He was British, from Leeds)
French my "mother's" tongue (She was French, from Paris)
I understand and speak Italian and Portuguese...not well, but I can manage.
I am learning Russian...

NOTHING ELSE...

MY German sucks

Martin, LIMITED...You're better than me. I don't speak Irish-Gaelik. I like Oscard Wilde though....