greetings earthlings

sondance

In 1953 a space ship landed in place called Oakland, California.
I've been stuck on this planet ever since. You know those "Instant Graemlins" (Danish spelling?) at the bottom of this screen are very distracting, especially at my age. Anyway in between working for a living as an engineer/manager in the disc drive industry, raising two daughters (adopted from Korea) with my lovely wife (from Holland) of 30 years (I really like the little orange guy that keeps bashing his head against the brick wall) I have written poems, short compositions and songs. In the late seventies I wanted to be a songwriter, even made a demo but I couldn't find anyone willing to trade their food for my songs (the dancing banana is not bad either). I look forward to exploring this site as I heard a rumor that hidden in this forum are directions back to me home planet.
Oh, my mother's family name is Silsby. They came to America from England in the early 1700s and joined the Massachesetts Bay Colony. They think the name was orginally Silsbee and came from Denmark. Any Silsbees out there? My family name Paxton is English but we have no idea how we came upon it as my great-great-grandfather was an American Indian. It is a small world, no?
If anyone has a recommendation for music notation software please post a reply to my inquiry in the general chat forum.
thanks,
Ken (unalien name)

Penguingirl

Hey there sondance!
It's always nice to meet another spacebrother! I came to earth in the middle of the 1980's. I liked it from the beginning but the more I've learned about humankind and this world the more chocked and frustrated I am... ( Do they ever learn?) Well, well. I guess you have it nice and warm in California. Here in the northern part of Europe it's quite cold!
Cheers!

Rune Vejby

Commodore of Water Music
Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for the very thorough introduction
wink.gif

I have just been trying to look up the names "silsby" and "silsbee" in a directory of danish people, but unfortunately I was unable to find anyone with that particular name.... Though, I must admit that the name seems very danish.... could perhaps be swedish?... I don't know
smile.gif

Anyway, I hope to see you around!

corno

Vice Admiral of Notes, Dots & at times also Slurs
Sr. Regulator
Hi Ken,

Welcome aboard.
tiphat.gif

As to the Silsby/Silsbee question - Silsby might be Danish of origin, but Silsbee sounds, to me, more like an English derivative (or vice versa).
A quick google search for silsby does produce some "Danish results", but I don't think it's a very common name.

cheers444.gif

Thomas

Jette

Rear Admiral of O Theatre & the 4 - 1 + a few more
Hi Ken

Welcome to MIMF
cheers444.gif

I hope you will enjoy it here
smile.gif

Jette
grin.gif

Frederik Magle

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Regulator
Welcome aboard Alien! (a.k.a. Ken)
tiphat.gif

Hope to see you around often. We have visitors from all over the world, and now also space
laugh.gif

Kind regards
Frederik

Lotus80

Commodore of Water Music
Welcome to MIMF, sondance
laugh.gif

I hope you'll find your way here...
wink.gif

Cheers, Lotus80
cheers444.gif