A return to poetry

elderflower

Greetings M.I.M.F members, Due to a nasty chest infection I have been out of action for a couple of weeks so thought I would write a little poem to cheer us in these uncertain times because no matter how rich or poor we are there is something we all have that can be given away yet still stay with us .
:) SMILES

A smile is never wasted when you give one away
No matter if its greeted with a frown.
You don't know the troubles that have turned the world to grey
For that person who is really feeling down.
The little smile you offered to a stranger passing by
Might grow and glow within their heart all day
Until the spirit lifted by the warmth finds it can fly
To share that smile with others on their way.
The store is inexhaustable of smiles within your heart
So give away as many as you can.
The more you give, the more you have to give - so start
Right now, to share them with your fellow man.

Sylvia Pacey :):):):):)

teddy

Duckmeister
Very nice Sylvia. Thank you. Good to see you back and hear that you are now well. I also have been bugged with similar infections this winter. Take care of yourself

teddy

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Yeah, something must be going around and across the ocean. I've had stomach problems for the last 2 days now. Have been taking imodium and trying to stay near the throne and my bed--and in just that order! Ted, I hope you are feeling better.

Hawk Henries

Sylvia thank you for your words~most certainly wonderful thoughts to live by. Yesterday I was sitting in our local fastfood/gas station/fishing supply store waiting for a bite to eat. This older man walked by and we made eye contact and both said hello at the same time. I had not met this man prior....
He went and got a coffee and took it upon himself to join me as if we had been doing this for years. He did not ask~just sat down and we began chatting. Oh we talked about winter and the rigors of it, we talked about the coming spring and how he was anxious to get his boat in the water. All winter he worked making traps and putzing around getting his lobster gear ready for warmer weather. soon his boat will ply the waves looking for lobsters. This man had to be in his 70's and was proud he had always lived in Downeast Maine fishing since he was much much younger....
If I didn't have to leave I imagine I would have learned much more about him like maybe his name. A simple hello and smile caused two people, two lives to intersect in a wonderful way.
This man eats a toasted cheese sandwhich and tomato soup often. This day secretly I paid for his lunch~he offered me so much more....

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Hawk--good job! What a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing it. It really served to uplift my spirits and make me feel better--both for myself--and the human race!

marval

I am sorry people have not been feeling too well, that is a lovely poem Sylvia.

What a wonderful story Hawk, after all it costs nothing to give someone just a little bit of your time. I have always known that a smile was free, I could not understand why more people don't give one.

Margaret