IE9 now ready

teddy

Duckmeister
Thanks Colin. As I thought not compatible with XP. I have been runnibg 8 since it was available with no problems so I will not upgrade to Windows 7 until I have to (by which time Microsoft will have another system on offer)

teddy

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Hi Colin,

Let us know how she drives :)

Teddy, I was forced to upgrade as my XP machine's motherboard took a dump late last year. Actually, it was a godsend - I really like Win 7 better than XP - and with the souped up Intel I5 core processor this new machine is lightening fast.

teddy

Duckmeister
Trouble is Lars with four machines in the office and two at home I do not want the expense at the moment. One daughter flies out to the USA this week, eldest getting re-married this summer AND I AM GOING TO HAVE A HOLIDAY THIS YEAR, even if it kills me (always a possibility)

teddy

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Colin, have you installed it yet? Is it any better than previous versions?

I don't think I'll be able to check any time soon as I still work on XP.

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
Colin, have you installed it yet? Is it any better than previous versions?

I don't think I'll be able to check any time soon as I still work on XP.
I have just finished installing Mat, it is quite quick but I have not really got used to all the buttons, I refused to make it my preferred browser I'm just a suspicious bugger :grin: so the next few days should prove interesting

JHC

I have not had any problems it works splendidly and is fast

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Do you use Firefox? If yes, which do you think is faster?

JHC

I have used Firefox on and off but prefer IE perhaps because I know my way around it, I can't say it is any faster I really don't know, why don't you give it a test?

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Mainly because I use XP, which IE9 is not compatibile with. But also 'cause I've been so disappointed with previous versions I used. I don't think I'm ever going to give Firefox up, I was asking just out of pure curiosity.

methodistgirl

I also have explorer 9. I got my computer last year. My windows
xp died on me. Finally I have a new computer where I don't have
to go to the library or work on a used one. My windows 98 computer
I could actually take the sucker apart and fix it. But it didn't have
the internet. My cable company takes care of my phone and my
internet hook up.
judy tooley