Videos of 4 piano pieces from Blue Intermezzo

Andrew Roussak

Dear all,

here the videos of four piano pieces from my recent album Blue Intermezzo -
hope you 'll find them enjoyable.

I have tried to make the video takes from 3 different angles, so that one could see how some difficult passages are being performed .

The pieces are: Greensleeves, Strange Tango, Irreducible Simplicity and my piano version of Wir Eilen Mit Schwachen Doch Emsigen Schritten ( J.S.Bach
BWV 78 )

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsHBnAgRYjY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8bcXYa4S8Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm6IAhvoLAQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQbMmtunn8[/YOUTUBE]

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Andrew, Hi. Your performance on the 4 pieces is wonderful indeed. Bravo! I was wondering if you wrote "Strange Tango" and "Irreducible Simplicity."
Now I know why I haven't seen any of your posts recently--you've been too busy creating and playing great music.
I also really enjoyed the way that you enhanced "Greensleeves" with what sounded to my untrained ear like improvised fills {?}. I'm not sure I am using the right musical concepts or terms--but whatever you did or call it--it worked.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! You are a true talent.

Last edited:

White Knight

Spectral Warrior con passion
Andrew, I was also just sampling "Illiade--Swap the Armor" and "Wartime Chronicles". Both are really fantastic! They have an ELP kind of tinge to them {no offense intended} but one can plainly tell that they are by you and not Keith Emerson. From which album of yours is "Wartime Chronicles" from, please?
Great job indeed! I shall be buying both Blue Intermezzo and whatever album "Wartime Chronicles" is from as soon as I can get my pension checks squared away, which should not be long at all.
Thanks Again--Peace and Out--White Knight

Krummhorn

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Andrew ... :wave:

Great to see you again ... and I revel in once again being able to hear your compositions, especially with you performing them. Wonderful version of Greensleeves ... a totally new and fresh approach.

Enjoyed too Irreducible Simplicity too ... as well as the other two. A definite add to my listening library.

wljmrbill

Great arrangement if BWV 78. Greensleves is always one of my all time favorites siince childhood. Thanks for posting these. Very enjoyable and talented as usual.

Andrew Roussak

First off, thank you ALL for your kind words, guys!! Very appreciate your comments. Sorry many times for not taking part in the discussions on MIMF these days, due to really many projects, piano music is only part of them, and due also to some private reasons...

Andrew Roussak

Andrew, Hi. Your performance on the 4 pieces is wonderful indeed. Bravo! I was wondering if you wrote "Strange Tango" and "Irreducible Simplicity."
Now I know why I haven't seen any of your posts recently--you've been too busy creating and playing great music.
I also really enjoyed the way that you enhanced "Greensleeves" with what sounded to my untrained ear like improvised fills {?}. I'm not sure I am using the right musical concepts or terms--but whatever you did or call it--it worked.
Thank you so much for sharing this with us! You are a true talent.

Hi WK and thank you so much for your comments on my videos!

Well, Strange Tango and Irreducibly Simplicity are my own pieces; there are only three renditions on the album - which are Greensleeves, and two Bach's works - "Wir Eilen", and "Schafe können sicher weiden" ( The Sheep May Safely Graze ).

For Greensleeves - there was lot of improvisation in all of these pieces originally - that is , fills - but now as it all also available as sheet piano music, the improvisation is cut down to minimum ( the same goes to a more jazzy piece Irreducible Simplicity ).

Andrew, I was also just sampling "Illiade--Swap the Armor" and "Wartime Chronicles". Both are really fantastic! They have an ELP kind of tinge to them {no offense intended} but one can plainly tell that they are by you and not Keith Emerson. From which album of yours is "Wartime Chronicles" from, please?
Great job indeed! I shall be buying both Blue Intermezzo and whatever album "Wartime Chronicles" is from as soon as I can get my pension checks squared away, which should not be long at all.
Thanks Again--Peace and Out--White Knight

Thanks for the parallel with Keith - how could it be an offence??:)
I was - beginning from my school years - VERY influenced by ELP, have tried to copy Keith's piano style ( mix of boogie/jazz/barocque...) so it just must be there in my music...But as everyone is in fact a "mix of influences", the result of course can not sound exactly like ELP - I see what you mean.

Wartime Chronicles is from my first solo CD No Trespassing - it was reviewed here by ArtRock:

http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/3677-no-trespassing-andrew-roussak.html

Thanks again for checking out!

Mat

Sr. Regulator
Staff member
Sr. Regulator
Regulator
Hi Andrew,

Long time no see/hear/write. Hope you're doing okay.

I've watched your videos. Well composed and well played. Congrats. I especially liked Greensleeves. I also noticed that Artur had already written a review.

Take care,
Mat

Andrew Roussak

Hi Mat,

thank you! Hope you are doing well too!

Well, Artur loves me ( no idea for what ), so his reviews are always great!:)