presentation and asking help

Peter Gluck

Dear friends,
Dear Frederik Magle,our host,
I am both grateful and honored to have been accepted as member of this
forum. I am 73+ years of age (old or young- we will see it) living in Cluj Romania.
My wife Judith and me love very much music, especially opera.
In order to express my great love to opera I wrote this essay:

http://egooutpeters.blogspot.com/2011/03/explaining-opera-music-of-all-noises.html

If you will read you will see that I have conceived it in comditions of extreme stress; therefore the list of opera arias chosen is far from being perfect. I dare
to ask for your help- suggestions for an improved list of arias.
I think my essay is very good to celebrate April 1, an important day, isn't it?
Best wishes and thanks, Peter

wljmrbill

welcome to the forums. I am sure you will enjoy your time spent here. We have a couple of forums devoted to opera area of music. I too enjoy opera and have a number of arias I am fond of as well as we all do it seems.

teddy

Duckmeister
Hello Peter and welcome to the forum. Trust you will enjoy your time here.

teddy

Peter Gluck

Thank you, you are really nice!
But can you help me with the best arias for my essay?
Have you seen/read it?
Peter

JHC

Chief assistant to the assistant chief
I think my essay is very good to celebrate April 1, an important day, isn't it?
Best wishes and thanks, Peter
Peter, April the first is one of my favourite days loads of fun and jokes eh!

Peter Gluck

Thanks, J.H.C,

but I really want a list of the arias I have forgotten while being busy with saving the Earth
Peter

Peter Gluck

Yes, I am extremely serious -see the definition of serious in my blog EgoOut.
And yes, I need a list of the say 25 mots beautil, moving opera arias - with which you can convince somebody absolutely ignorant that Opera music is a cultural treasure.

marval

Hello Peter

Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us.

I will have a read of your blog a bit later.

Margaret

Peter Gluck

Dear Margaret,
I am honored by your visit at the blog. Actually this is my first posting here re.music but perhssd you will like the Septoes and the concept of Ego Out snd..
The posting re Opera is a joke, but I seriously need help for the selection of the most beautiful opera arias- in the context of the story.
Peter

Chi_townPhilly

Sr. Regulator
Sr. Regulator
Had a look at your project- I like the goal (a tableux for framing Opera highlights).:)

At the risk of being predictable to those who know my musical tastes best, I might lobby for adding "a look at how, even in the midst of disorder, the best among us still look for ways to frame the arc of events to societal advantage- and honor the effort where we see it."

Cue: Wahn Monologue from Wagner's Meistersinger.
:crazy:

Peter Gluck

Thank you- in some way the Hans Sachs monologue did not come in my mind in those circumstances. I thought about Tannhauser, but eventually I chose Lohengrin.
Had no time to read then the monthly issue of the Wagnermania- excellent database.

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
Hello Peter,

Welcome to a most great site with fab members all.

Cheers,

CD :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat: