Quotes

teddy

Duckmeister
After reading Gonebarouqes quote from Groucho Marx I could think of nothing better than a quotes thread. I know there was a famous one about a city council having to make do with Bach as second best. These quotes can be from any walk of life, not just humorous.

Groucho Marx again. - If you were standing any closer to me you would be behind me.

teddy

GoneBaroque

I don't remember who said it, but

"If the theory does not conform to the facts then the facts must be changed".

Corno Dolce

Admiral Honkenwheezenpooferspieler
I know there was a famous one about a city council having to make do with Bach as second best.

teddy

Yep tedmeister - Those pesky and cheeky Leipzig Town Councillors - They are all forgotten but JSBach's memory lives on in Eternity. They got their comeuppance big time - Mocking JSBach is just plain mean and evil........

teddy

Duckmeister
Have to admit he is probably my favourite composer.

Spike Milligan to Harry Secombe - I hope you die before I do. I dont want you singing at my funeral.

teddy

marval

George burns said - I'm very pleased to be here. Let's face it, at my age I'm very pleased to be anywhere

teddy

Duckmeister
Anybody remember that marvelous quote about not encouraging the brass section in an orchestra?.

teddy

teddy

Duckmeister
Speak softly........and carry a big stick. Roosevelt... One of my favourite quotes

teddy

Dorsetmike

I'm sure we can all think of somebody this should apply to --

His parents should be charged with reckless breeding and sentenced to a retro-active abortion.

marval

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." Robert Louis Stevenson

teddy

Duckmeister
I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
Thomas Jefferson Something I tend to quote when I am told I am lucky to have holidays, a nice car etc etc

teddy